Waited 18 years for a dog!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Argent

And here he is! Our little black and white shih tzu puppy, 7 weeks old, here's Oscar!!! :happydance:

He's an adorable little crazything XD He looks really really lazy...til you get him out in the yard - he LOVES it out there! I can't wait to take him for walks hehe. He's also the most amazing little snugglebug too, he just flops on you when he's tired :p Potty training is slow, we've had him a week and there's probably been more misses than hits DX I put it down to my sister's laziness - she was meant to be watching him yesterday and pretty much didn't... ¬¬

He also seems to have a taste for anything he shouldn't be tasting :p e.g carpet, weeds, chair legs, toes etc

oscar.jpg

oscar2.jpg

oscar3.jpg

oscar9.jpg

oscar4.jpg

oscar5.jpg

oscar10.jpg

!! So cute!! He sounds like a typical puppy! Toilet training can take some time. Me and my brother had to help our dad potty train his dog when it was a puppy (yeeears ago now).

YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!! He looks like so much fun

Congratulations, that was a long wait, but in the end, the wait is worth it! As for the potty training, I believe puppies are like kids, when he's ready, it will happen. Pee all over the house one day, and trained the next. Enjoy him to-day, cause tomorrow he'll be an adult.

What a little cutie :D

Smaller dogs can be notoriously harder to potty train. Only give him one room at a time to learn is "his" and it'll be fine :)

Hehe thanks everyone ^_^ I think he is smaller than most cats lol he's probably not much bigger than Rufus or Hugo XDDD

Moon, we're mostly confining him to the kitchen and back yard...he's only allowed in the livingroom or hall if we're there supervising him closely (it's tough going!) But yeah...I think we only had a couple of accidents yesterday - he'll go on newspaper or in the yard now most times ^^

btw that collar is no longer on him :p He prefers chewing on it, and can wiggle out of it enough to chew on it and flip it over his head XD Clever thing :)

:heart: :heart: :heart:
he looks like my Sassy! a black and white shih-poo (shitzhu-poodle)
SO cute! and yes, potty training the smaller dogs is harder. we've got 2, and they're 1and 2 yrs old, and still use pee pads... :giggle:

My god, it can't imagine my life and me growing up without a dog!!!... :shock:

Congrats, he's the sweetest thing and it will be a lifetime experience for sure ^_^

Maple305 said:
Congratulations, that was a long wait, but in the end, the wait is worth it! As for the potty training, I believe puppies are like kids, when he's ready, it will happen. Pee all over the house one day, and trained the next. Enjoy him to-day, cause tomorrow he'll be an adult.

I second this one. They grow up way too fast...:(
I feel like my Tess was only this big for a milla-second
IMG_0226.jpg

This is her now, 6 years later...where did the time go?
060809005.jpg

Cherish every puppy moment you can. They sure are little trouble makers aren't they?
Congrats on the new baby! (PS I feel for you, but I somehow managed to convince my parents in 11 years)

D'AAWWWWWHHH!!!!! 8D What a sweetie!!! I can't imagine Oscar all grown up just yet >.< he's our lil baby...

btw, I'm 19 haha :D pretty much since I knew what a dog was, I wanted one, but ended up with a rabbit, guinea pigs, hamster, gerbils and rats first (over the years)

maria-mar said:
My god, it can't imagine my life and me growing up without a dog!!!... :shock:

I second that.
My last dog died about 5 years ago now, and my mum has said "no more". I lived every day of my life for 16years with a dog and now there isn't one around it is just wierd.
When i have children of my own, they will grow up with a dog. I think having a pet around teaches children a lot about responsibility and growing up (well, i know it did me).

Well, i am 21 now, and when i finally move out again - hopefully permanently, and i have the time and money, i will get another dog - no doubt about it.. maybe even two ^^

Back