Videos

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cutness overload as usual Jo! I always love seeing your rats at play. They all look so happy, healthy, and free spirited!

Staci

Okay I totally hear the same were snorting sound, lol, I'm not sure I'm describing that well. Soft grunt? That's a relief. :)

Bron, that's Sebbie and he's on two kinds of meds now. If you've got one doing that, I'd recommend Baytril and if Baytril doesn't do it, add Zithro or doxy to the list.

On the other hand, I had Magnus that did that noise for months and months, meds did nothing and it ended up being a thymic tumour pressing on his lungs. :( But I'd try meds.

:shock:

Uh oh.

They don't do it consistantly though...could it have been missed in their examination if they hadn't been making the sound?

Oddly enough, I have Baytril, lol. I don't even know why.

What I like to do with my rats, if they start grunting, I wait a couple of days to see if it clears up on it's own. If it continues then I medicate them. But if your little girl doesn't do it all the time, then I would just continue to keep an eye on her.

*wipes brow* It's extremely inconsistant, they may do it for a few breaths but I won't hear it again for days. They're been doing that since I rescued them though. The most complicated pair I've ever owned. :lol:

Back