"Vibrating" ears...???

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnmjenn

I've been playing with Debbie here on my bed and saw that when I petted her near her rump or stroked her tail, she vibrates her ears! Boggling and bruxing I know, but what is this vibrating???? :?

I was also wondering about the shivering I sometimes feel them do when I hold them... is that fear, or do they just do that?

Well, read a bit more and the answer may be found!! I was just reading another post (2009 keeps getting better) and found out what the vibrating ears are all about! Oy! :doh: Someday soon I'll have my rattie stripes!! For now, I'm such a novice!! :oops:

I have fond memories of the days when Corries' daughters were in heat. there were nine girls, several of whom had vibrating ears on the same nights. They would chase each other around trying to mount each other. It was great entertainment!

That's the only thing I miss of intact girls... I nearly fell to the floor the first time I saw a dumbo girl flutter her ears. Too cute! That was my sweet Chantelle.

Wow -- I always wondered what that meant!

This forum has been a wonderful information resource for me as well -- especially since you are learning from real people and their experiences. :thumbup:

I always thought it was cute. First time I saw it, my girlie stretched back so I guessed on my own what it meant. :doh: And, I was right.

My boyfriend loves when my girls are in heat. He finds it very funny. :lol:

The only time I ever saw it was when I took Dozer, Jayden and Jacob (my neutered males) to visit their sisters......
Nellie took one look at her handsome brothers and her ears started vibrating like crazy.......The boys were like "Duh what is wrong with her "

Dahlas said:
The only time I ever saw it was when I took Dozer, Jayden and Jacob (my neutered males) to visit their sisters......
Nellie took one look at her handsome brothers and her ears started vibrating like crazy.......The boys were like "Duh what is wrong with her "

OMG that sounds very funny indeed. :lol:

Awe I love the ear wiggle. Cordi's entire body vibrates when she is in heat! :laugh4: And she seems to squeak louder when Lucy chases her around the cage trying to do the humpty dance. I can't wait for the first time Noelle does the giggle....love dumbo ears!

Back