Vibramycin for URI?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slapdash

We went to the vet yesterday because Rupert still has s suspected upper respitory infection even after being treated so the vet switched the antibiotics to vibramycin syrup. Just wondering if anyone has had success with this for treating a URI? He's only about 4-5 months old and the vet doesn't think baytril works very well in young rats so we're trying this. Also, should I keep him on it for two or three weeks? The vet wrote on the perscrip how long but I had to get it filled at the pharmacy and they didn't put that on the bottle. I could call the vet tomorrow but I was just wondering what you guys think? Thanks!

That's doxy. It might help but I've never found it to be strong enough. Any chance you can combo it with the Baytril? That combo is usually quite effective.

Actually I think I still have some baytril from another vet that perscribed it for one of our girls in November, it should still be good right? If I have it it's in the fridge I'm in bed now so I'll check tomorrow lol Do you know the dosage on it? The good news is Rupert LOVES the doxy it's real sweet so I don't have to worry about mixing it with anything :thumbup:

Back