Vet Question

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
Does anyone know anything about Dr Eric Carnegy at Carnegy Animal Hosp. in Halifax?

They said he is an exotic vet that has successfully done 20 rat spays.

His prices are less than half of the exotic vet at the other vet hosp. so wondering .... ($75 vs $175)

Have Grace scheduled for a spay tomorrow am as they were able to take her sooner due to a cancellation.

Anyone know anything about laser surgery - they said he just got a new laser and that it reduces bleeding and phantom pain after surgery ... not sure what the price is for that.

The only thing I can help with here is to advocate the laser surgery. The clinic I worked at had recently got one, and it was fantastic! It does cut down on the bleeding significantly, since it cauterizes as it cuts, as well as it seals the nerve endings, so it causes less pain. It's less invasive because it doesn't cause bruising or tearing, so it cuts down on pain and inflammation. It reduces the risk of infection also because it seals the skin as it cuts. I wouldn't be hesitant to have laser surgery done at all :3

Good luck with your little girl.

Back