VERY MUCH WANT. (Trixie?)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHermit

I was just at my local pet supply store and found this 'natural wood' seesaw that was only $8 and I could not leave that there. I just set it up, it works fine, but I'm unsure of the wood glue and the wood itself being a-OK.
So in my attempt to research I found this.

51F1KOJgdDL_SS500_.jpg

:panic: :bow: : :dance:

Anywhooo the seesaw is by Trixie which I've since determined is an European brand. I wasn't going to post at all until I saw that awesome thing up there. Looking at it, I want to be a furry critter and run through there! UGH! Like a jungle-gym at the park! Where's the swing set?
D: I HAVE A SEESAW! ALL I NEED IS THIS AND A SWING SET AND I'VE GOT A RAT PARK!
Not happening any time soon but my imagination is so, so happy right now.

Really cute!

Funny thing is, the first thing I thought of was 'how many branches of pesky Manitoba maple do I need to cut to make that myself...' I made a ramp and two levels once from Manitoba Maple (which is an invasive species up near my grandmother's so we're actually supposed to cut them down) and it was a huge hit. You wouldn't have to do glue if you used nails and drove them in deep enough that the rats couldn't get to them.

And I'd seriously love to be a critter running around in there too!

they have so many adorable hamster/mouse houses! There's a heart-shaped one and a windmill and cottages and it's all made out of wood. If I were crazier than I already am I'd get like five mice and five of these houses and one massive tank and make myself a village...

why can't all those cute homes come in rat size? :(

It looks like some kind of dwarf bunny to my untrained eye, so rats could certainly use a playground like that. They don't seem to care about size, lol

if i can find it in a few months, i'm gonna end up investing out of sheer delight. they really don't, unless they can't fit - though Penny has no trouble correcting that herself.

Also just realized you named a trio Ducky, Cera and Petrie. My inner child is squeeing.

I have a wooden house for rats ... no nail, no glue (both would be unsafe imo)
As for the wooden house, some sides have holes and the pieces that fit into them have pegs.
Very sturdy and safe for ratties to use and to chew.

Do these guys have a site? Do they ship in the States? I'd like to have one of those for my boys!

Back