Vegan Eateries In Ottawa

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisK

I am vegan, and last weekend I took my niece, who is vegetarian, and my step-son, who is Gluten Free and Paleo to The Green Door. Every one of us piled our plates high with delicious food, and the cost was very reasonable. Only my first time there, but it's already one of my top choices for vegan eats in Ottawa!

Then tonight I was asked to choose the restaurant for myself (vegan), my husband (gluten-free) and two friends who eat meat, but wanted a range of choices of types of meat. Tried another new-to-me restaurant.. The Works in Westboro Village. It's a burger joint, but their vege burger is vegan (I verified all ingredients) and it was scrumptious! To my surprise, we found only two doors away, an equally great place for desserts -- Truffle Treasures. There vegans have a choice of several flavors of gelato, dark chocolates, and a few other options as well.

Really... all three places were so good, I just had to write about them all!

And now I just have to do a few extra miles on my bicycle... :oops:

That is awesome! I need to move to Ottawa. We don't have anything here in Sudbury.

One question, your veggie burger, is it cooked on the same grill as the meat burger?

I too went to the Green Door and it's absolutely awesome. My friend who is not vegan ate only vegan along with me and he loved it. The Green Door also offers vegetarian choices.

jorats said:
That is awesome! I need to move to Ottawa. We don't have anything here in Sudbury.

One question, your veggie burger, is it cooked on the same grill as the meat burger?

I too went to the Green Door and it's absolutely awesome. My friend who is not vegan ate only vegan along with me and he loved it. The Green Door also offers vegetarian choices.

Good question, Jo! I was so focused on the ingredients that I didn't think to ask about the grill.
Note they also offered a Portabello Burger in addition to the Veg*n Patty.

Back