URGENT Transport Needed...Oshawa to Toronto

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Ian put up an ad about a hooded rat in his mudroom. He put up a "did you lose your rat" AF, but it was a little ominous if no one took him/her. He has picked up his grandparents humane trap and IF he catches the rat I will need transport from Oshawa to Toronto.

can anyone help?

Ian's wife got pics to show her husband, looks to be an agouti hooded girl... Very wary, lean, with a stubby tail...I bet she's a feeder that escaped. I'll post the pics sent to me when I get to work.

Here is Rodney...probably needs a new name... Ronda? She looks like such a sweetie.

OshawaRat.jpg

OshawaRat2.jpg

Hmmm ... not necessarily .... if she does have babies, she could have been pregnant before she escaped or was abandoned
Anyway, if there are babies, I hope they also make their way safely to you

Guess you'll find out when you see a good pic of her belly once she has been safely caught

Well it seems there are actually TWO almost identical girls. One just has the shorter tail, my guess is they are sisters. Ian went out and bought a green bottom cage and caught both of them yesterday. I am meeting him at Scarborough Town Centre at 630 tonight, and then I will lug them and their cage back home via rapid transit, subway and bus...we're all going to be tired. Poor girlies.

Update? Pictures?

I don't have internet at home anymore, so posting pics is more of a challenge, BUT I took pics this Morning, and yesterday and will upload and post them to here once I get to work :)

I got initial weights this morning

Mom is 266 g
Baby is 200 g

They were loose for at least a week so they are on pregnancy watch.

Piccies :)

Last night

Mom with her stubby tail
May%2011%2015%20Momma.jpg~original

Baby girl who is very nervous
May%2011%2015%20baby.jpg~original

But then baby decided there was something very tasty in the corner of the cage? I was right in her face and it didn't stop her which is excellent :) They don't fear people up close just the touching and holding part LOL

May%2011%2015%20baby%20tongue.jpg~original

May%2011%2015%20baby%20tongue%202.jpg~original

this morning everyone was more relaxed but Baby does take her cues from her mom...

I had their cage on my bed so I could make sure they didn't attempt to chew out the base, but after examining the cage to make sure they couldn't get free, they didn't even chew the bars. Mom was watching me as I woke up

May%2012%2015%20momma.jpg~original

She's really pretty

May%2012%2015%20momma%202.jpg~original

Then it was time to groom as the camera was 8 inches away from her...she didn't care :)

May%2012%2015%20momma%20grooming.jpg~original

May%2012%2015%20momma%20grooming%202.jpg~original

Baby started off very nervous

May%2012%2015%20baby%20scared.jpg~original

but then followed her mom's lead

May%2012%2015%20baby.jpg~original

May%2012%2015%20baby%202.jpg~original

May%2012%2015%20baby%20grooming.jpg~original

Just before I left this morning

May%2012%2015%20Mom%20and%20baby.jpg~original

Back