URGENT: Need info on small animal rescues in NE US

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victoria

We're overloaded at the shelter I volunteer at and it's getting worse by the day. We received 10 birds and a few rabbits on the weekend, 10 guinea pigs, 4 rabbits, 2 rats and 6 hamsters on Monday and we have 10 more guinea pigs coming this week. Of course, there will be other surrenders. We also have a pot bellied pig that takes up a lot of our space.

I am in discussion with some rescues in the north east US (NY, NJ mostly but also VA, MA) to see if we can transfer some animals to them. It's all happening very quickly and I have a lot of research to do in addition to my adoption screenings.

I'm looking for anyone that has experience or knowledge with small animal/guinea pig rescues in those areas. What rescues have you dealt with and what were your experiences? How stringent was their adoption screening?

I don't want to post the rescues names in the thread so as to not rub anyone the wrong way. If anyone has extensive experience, PM me and I can send you a list. If there are any not on my list, I can also contact them for help.

Back