Updates on rescues, Cage-landlord issues and About Me!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrazyKritterz

Right now I have Chase, Dash and Saphyra & Skye They are kept at my home. I have a new cage and new agreement with Landlord whom admitted he was scared of rats.
So updates on all
Kiwi A.k.a Spaz,(never had any babies-just chunky) I finally my friend from my CNA Class took her and she got her a Nice PEW friend from Petco they are doing Great. Plus the stowaway as I posted in that thread I found a Home for. He has been neutered and added to my Friends two Girls with Spaz and Grace (PEW'name)
Onyx the Black Self. My Brother Charles took him and He is taking Kasper as My Daughter Dubbed The new (Beige and White) rescued Pup. He is spending his quarenteen here. He has only a few days left and was also vet checked. he will be joining my brother and Onyx. He also has owned rats and nows all the intro procedures. Both are getting neutered once Vet agrees they are ready.

The post I made about the Rescue from petco with cage said in post that if anyone could take him I would go get him but No one replied and when I got to Petco He had been adopted. So I never got him.
I dont always post everything and sometimes I forget that I need to post on threads that the ones I rescued all cannot stay so I quarentine everyone they all get vet checked and once clear I find new homes.

also about me and updates on myself I ran a rescue for rats. I am familiar with rats. I have also worked at a vet hospital the one that cares for my rats for 8 yrs. Also I have attended Vet Tech School and Animal and Business Management which everyone knew when I was a member years ago. My name at that time was TwilightRatz I even attended at gathering in Toronto with Lauren (Lilratsy) in 2009. But 3 weeks ago I stopped working at the clinic 2 weeks ago and am currently working on CNA Classes to go on to be a medical assistant.
And finally a update on my landlord....
Now I spoke to my Landlord regarding that there were orginally nothing stating we couldnt have rats. He was scared of them. I introduced him to my boys and he saw they are not like wild rats and He did ok and we even signed agreement that I can Have a larger permanent Rat Cage and tha as long as I only Kept the one large cage of rats he didnt care how many are in there. I am getting a Large cage that I will be posting about but lost my though with everything going on. For now its dividable. girls on bottom and the boys are on top but I am making divider to keep them seperate Until Chase and Dash get neutered then My girls and them will intro together.
The cage I had is going to my brother for Oynx and Kasper.

Blaze(Dash's attacker) now has been taken back by my breeder friend He came from. she is getting him neutered and will tro to intro him to her mischief if that doesnt work she will find a nice home for him.

Also i do have a Guinea Pig-Popperz and 2 Hamsters-Elsa &Ana and also a small colony on mice (Also now OK over new landlord agreement)

Im sorry its long but it updates all and explains all my situations. Because there was some confusion on one of my posts.

The only thing I see wrong here is that you gave him back rather than fixing him on your own. It makes him seem so unimportant yet he was important enough to take in the first place. Sadly we see this all the time and it is sad when the current owner would give him up rather than taking the time to neuter him themselves.

The only thing I see wrong here is that you gave him back rather than fixing him on your own. It makes him seem so unimportant yet he was important enough to take in the first place. Sadly we see this all the time and it is sad when the current owner would give him up rather than taking the time to neuter him themselves.

The only reason that I didnt keep him and Do it myself is right now as I said in my post I am not working....I cannot afford a neuter right now. Chase and Dash (if he continues to do well will be neutered as soon as my vet clears then for neuter. It will be at least July because Dash needs to heal and I will be working come July. I can still only keep one permanant cage and I can only divide the cage in two. I didnt have another cage to keep him seperate in for a long time..and I dont need to make my landlord mad again... I made a barrier by useing a old dog crate pan between Chase and Dash when he is able to return to cage just until there neutered.
Also Blaze was a rescue foster. I didnt explain above but was in another posting of mine. He was orginally taken in by me because my breeder didnt want him to go for a feeder Rat ( she works at at petstore) she doesnt breed for the store but the orginal owner returned Blaze to the store on her day off. Store owner said he was gonna feed him to a snake in store because he was just right size...so she called me to foster him immediately. He was Chase and Dashs brother but I didnt rescue him to keep him I only wanted two boys and two girls in my mischief........so once out of quarentine and still not adopted and they were still young I introduced them together. I had tryed the rehome him twice and both adoptions feel through due to lack of proper care or knowledge of rats on new owners part. I wouldnt adopt him out to them. i dont see the problem if shes neutering him and keeping him.

This is the 2nd time that someone has told me in a few words that either im not caring or that I bounce pets or something. Thats why I posted this thread to explain. My orginal gola was 2blue boys and 2 blue girls. And I didnt mind rescuing and rehoming those in need when I was able but with my landlord I dont want to press buttons after he was so nice. Im kinda upset I was on this forum years ago in 2008-2009 and I never haf this issue. I always felt welcome and understood and this is twice in. A week ive pretty much been told Im noting doing things right when they whole story isnt known.

Back