UPDATE!! (with a few questions:)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelRats

Hey everyone!!Have been all over the place lately so haven't had time to post,update or anything! Both girls are doing great and they are the best of friends and completely inseparable :D

Litter box training.. :lol: ! My girls are almost there...or so I thought..They go in their litter box more in the day, but when I wake up in the morning, it looks like they just got finished baking raisin cookies on their fleece... :wallbang: Any ideas on how to get them to use their littler boxes fully?? I have tried putting all their raisins in the litter box but they insist on peeing and pooping freely. Is it a marking issue I wonder? I do not currently line the small pans on my DCN so maybe if I cover the small pans with fleece, they will understand that fleece= don't potty here(?) My hairless is the worst about not using her litter box
as sheis about 4 months old. :emb: Naked ratties..what are you going to do with those little stickies!! :giggle:

Also, any advice on fleece liners? I just attach fleece to their DCN large pans with binder clips and double the fleece. Others use towels in between so I am wondering if ya'll do this to cut down on the smell?

AngelRats said:
They go in their litter box more in the day, but when I wake up in the morning, it looks like they just got finished baking raisin cookies on their fleece... :wallbang:

:giggle: raisin cookies...

How often do you change out their litter? I find if I don't change out the litter pan in my DCN daily, the boys start pooping outside the box. There are 7 in that cage, so the litter box is usually pretty full of poo by the end of the day.

Thanks tamblabamomo for your response!! Actually I clean their litter boxes out about 2-3 times a day(sometimes more). I didn't think about that but now that you mention it, whenever there litterboxes are full, they DO go anywhere else huh. Strange..
Thanks again :mrgreen:

Back