Update on the Phat Girls :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Well Sweetpea has decided that losing weight is just not her thing. I think she's older too so that doesn't help. She just doesn't have the energy to exercise as much as the others.
She's got those eyes that draw you close to the cage but you had better not try to reach in the cage without being very aware of where she is. :lol: She's very wary inside the cage and will sneak around for a bite if you touch anything or your hand is in the cage, but when I tell her its time to come out, she stops, hunkers down and lets me pick her up. Once she's out she's different. Especially tonight, she kept running up to me (I was sitting on the floor with my arms and head on the bed, all bouncy and excited, and loving the petting...she was very happy tonight :)

The afeered cage monster
SPwarylookinthecage.jpg

She's really a smaller girl, see her with Laurel as comparison.
Peaisrallyasmallgirl.jpg

Calla and Laurel in the hammie...look familiar Holly?
"Laurel, stop stepping on me!"
Laurelgetoffofme.jpg

Calla loves to brux in her hammie
Callalovesherhammies.jpg

She's a very pretty and clean girl...hehe
Callaalwaysisclean.jpg

Sweetpea is really lumpy, its very hard to describe and I finally have pics to show it.
SPlumpybelly.jpg

SPunderbellyshotaug13.jpg

She still tries to run but no hopping
SP-foffagain.jpg

Whatcha doing up there?
Whatchadoingupthereaug13.jpg

I think she likes her newest sleep spot. :heart:
SPapprovesofthenewbeddingaug13.jpg

Are those lumps...or fat lumps? She is a big girl....and has a very sweet face. I am glad she is getting loving with you during out time......

it looks like she has saddle bags. oh the poor little girlie. have you discussed it with your vet? it likely is just fat deposits and i don't really know what can be done for that short of lypo-suction but i don't think they have that for rats. and at her age operations are best kept to a minimum anyway. but you never know. rats are used to test all sorts of drugs for humans, maybe there is something that could help. some diet pill or something... i know i'm grasping here. realistically there's nothing that can be done to help. but carrying all that weight can't be good for her heart no matter how cute she is with it. i don't know. some out there ideas anyway.

i'm happy she found her way to you though. sounds like she would be a handful with a less experienced rat owned person. she looks very happy in her pictures though.

how is laurel doing with her confidence levels? i think she was the one that was the most timid...

calla looks more and more like my ink and big eared chop suey everytime i see her. i wonder if the three of them are related at all....

twitch said:
it looks like she has saddle bags. oh the poor little girlie. have you discussed it with your vet? it likely is just fat deposits and i don't really know what can be done for that short of lypo-suction but i don't think they have that for rats. and at her age operations are best kept to a minimum anyway. but you never know. rats are used to test all sorts of drugs for humans, maybe there is something that could help. some diet pill or something... i know i'm grasping here. realistically there's nothing that can be done to help. but carrying all that weight can't be good for her heart no matter how cute she is with it. i don't know. some out there ideas anyway.

i'm happy she found her way to you though. sounds like she would be a handful with a less experienced rat owned person. she looks very happy in her pictures though.

how is laurel doing with her confidence levels? i think she was the one that was the most timid...

calla looks more and more like my ink and big eared chop suey everytime i see her. i wonder if the three of them are related at all....

Saddlebags...yeah thats about it. They are heavy but not as heavy as you think, its the rest of her dense round body that is the weight.

Laurel is still a bit timid with other rats, but a real licker with me, and an explorer. She gets beaten on occasionally but I have also seen her fight back as well. :) I had to remove stuff off the top shelf so she could get away from Pea, who once she starts to huff and get territorial can easily turn on a cagemate who is nearby.

When I saw Calla, I immediately thought of Chop Suey being her brother. Add dumbo ears and you have the same eyes, facial structure and colouring too. Post a pic of Ink for me and I'll stare at it for ages too. :D

i don't ave many good ones of her loaded on photobucket but here is what i have there right now. i'll get up some better ones when i get home. i have to go through and get those pictures i promised loaded to the net and up anyway. stupid comp has been stupid recently, its begging for replacement.

babydollink002.jpg

the black rat with her is babydoll. this was taken when probably when they were about 10-12 months... i think

ink001.jpg

group017.jpg

you can see her back pretty good in this one. the black splotchy one

group012.jpg

another back shot

group008.jpg

that's all of her tht i have current ly loaded to photobucket. i know its not much to go by. but i have chop suey and ink at home and i swear they are related. the small frames on both of them. the heads are shaped the same. coloring and markings. put dumbo ears on ink and they'd be twins!

ink came to me as a young baby last summer from clark's. she couldn't have been more then 6-7 weeks when i got her. clark told me she was surrendered just the night previous by a young girl with another rat. a 4-5 month old aqouti hooded. so they all did come from clark, but before then... i don't know. ink's approximately 16 months old this month but she's a small little girly. then again chop is very small for a male too...

Back