Update on my nervous girls.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neener

I've been getting so much good advice, and have been working diligently with my girls for the last few days. I've been using cheerios as a bribe and last night I had Taffy almost walk on me to get those cheerios. She had both front paws on my arm, and was thinking about coming all the way. She even leaned up my arm to smell my face! I got a few pats in too! The other one, Sasha, will take a lot more time, and I'm not sure if I'll ever get to hold her, but I am sure Taffy will come around with time. My next goal is to be able to scoop her up and put her in my shirt. Hope it works! Thanks again everyone for your concern, and advice. I'll keep you all posted. K.

That's great. If you keep at it the other one might follow her sister. I've taken in so many rescues where only one of the ratties had been socialized. They just left the other one in the cage. The shy one just needs more time, don't give up on her. You're doing a good job! :thumbup:

That's good news! Keep coaxing the shy one too.
Like mamarat said, we've taken in so many pairs where only one was a favorite because the other was too shy but by the time we were done with them the shy one was actually more outgoing than the other one.
Lots of TLC for both of them. :joy:

Back