Update on my ears

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Sparrow

People talking on chat lately are aware about my ears. I have a severe ear infection in the left ear and a moderate one in the right ear. It happened after I had a tsumami entering my ears when I was at Calypso water park more than 2 weeks ago.

I was unable to have the water come out and soon after I started having pain especially in the left ear. My friends and family kept telling me that it will pass with time, I thought that too so I didn't bother for about one week.

But things didn't improve, it got worse. So I went in a walk in clinic to see a doctor, she told me that the left ear was really infected and the right ear had a moderate infection so she gave me antibiotics. That was on July 14.

Two days later, there was a difference in both ears. However, the left ear started hurting again on day 3 of treatment and it was worse than ever.

So I decided to go to the same walk in clinic in the hope I would see the same doctor. I currently don't have a family doctor since mine retired and my new one will be seeing me starting on July 29. I was lucky enough to see the same doctor I saw on July 14 and she remembered me. She looked at my ears. The right ear is now fine but there was very little improvement in the left ear. As a result, she now prescribed me some ear drops to take for the next 10 days. I don't know yet if those drops are antibiotics because I didn't have the prescription yet. But hopefully that will make a difference and that I will get rid of that thing in my ear.

That's good you got to see the same doctor. You can always ask the pharmacist about the drops. They are so very knowledgable.

Any time I have had swimmer's ear I always get prescribed drops so hopefully these do the trick. Also in future if you get water in your ear again and can't seem to get it out I have found that the polysporin ear and eye drops help to get the water out and avoid infection.

home remedy for water in the ear, swab your ear with a q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol. My mom used to have to do it for my brother, even though he had the ear wax stuff to help prevent swimmer's ear, she always swabbed when he was done swimming... I hate ear infections, I get them often, but its because of my tonsils, believe it or not, lol.

For the first time today, I don't feel any pain in my left ear and it doesn't seem so congestioned anymore. I think the drops are helping a lot. It's only day 2 and I will be taking them for 10 days. I went to the water park with professional ear plugs. I was able to do most regular stuff with very little water going in my ears. It's probably not as swollen anymore. I still have 4 more days with the pills and 8 more days with the drops. The right ear has no problems anymore.

Back