Update on my crew

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NinjaRatMama

Hey all! So since I last posted about my trio (Reggie, Fuzzbutt & Teddy) Reggie passed away :( He didn't even show signs until the last few days (he lost weight, that was it) and before I could even make an appointment he was gone. I found him in a hammock and Fuzzbutt was still cuddling him. He was probably at least 2 now and most likely just passed in his sleep.

My girlfriend, who did not know how awesome rats were before, got a case of GGMR after his passing. She's really come around to loving our boys. So we found a couple of babies and brought them home to live with Fuzzbutt and Teddy! Their names are Striker & Scottie. I'm going to add pictures later today. (when a download of mine is done)

And then!! There was a post on my local kijiji of "4 Killer Rats" to give away as "food, pets or to experiment on" because they had been allowed to be loose with hamsters and had subsequently killed all of the hamsters (of course) and the owners were blaming the poor ratties. SQ had posted about them, alerting me to the ad, and with her help I picked them up later that night. :) These 4 siamese boys are the sweetest, cuddliest boys! I just adore them. They're not even nippy, let alone "killers"... I've had them out for play time with my 4 boys and everyone gets along great. I'll upload pics of them later for everyone too.

So, yeah... went from 3, to 2, to 4... and now I have 8 lovely rat boys in my home! haha. I may let my sister take 2 of the siamese boys because she is in love with them too; so I'll let you all know if that happens and if/when I get all 6 or 8 living together in my dcn. :)

That's all for now!!

You were the one who rescued those sweet Siamese boys?! I saw that post awhile ago and it completely broke my heart. A huge thank you to you and your girlfriend for saving them!!

Striker (1st pic) & Scottie (2nd pic) when we first brought them home, and the 2 of them just now... YEP! Striker had a molting and we had a bit of a surprise! hahaha. He doesn't exactly match with his name anymore.

20160121_224612.jpg

20160121_224232.jpg

20160302_184832.jpg

And here are the Siamese boys... and me :) I haven't just picked them up for the photo, they curled up in my arms and lied on me for about 2 hours. The boy alone in 2 photos is Stumpy (he lost half his tail) and he just stretched out and lied in my hand for 15 minutes one day during out time. They're so adorable. :heart:

20160210_235308.jpg

20160213_014627.jpg

20160213_014704.jpg

20160211_002214.jpg

20160211_000506.jpg

All of your babies are absolutely stunning!! Thanks for sharing the photos and update on the Siamese boys; I had been wondering how they have been doing since they were removed from that woman's care (...or lack thereof). Love the name Stumpy! One of my opossums is named Stumpy too, as he is missing part of his foot.

I think you would be having a very difficult time parting with any of those boys. ;) I am thrilled to hear they are doing well.

All of your babies are absolutely stunning!! Thanks for sharing the photos and update on the Siamese boys; I had been wondering how they have been doing since they were removed from that woman's care (...or lack thereof). Love the name Stumpy! One of my opossums is named Stumpy too, as he is missing part of his foot.

I think you would be having a very difficult time parting with any of those boys. ;) I am thrilled to hear they are doing well.

I am, indeed! haha. 2 may just be going as far as my sisters/best friends house, so regular visits can always happen. :) lol

So since my last update, my good buddy Dallas took 2 of the Siamese boys and they couldn't have gone to a better home! Their new names are Sonic and Tails. :) They get out time every day and she adores them.

I re-named "thing 2" to Ryo (pronounced ree-oh) and Stumpy is still Stumpy. lol They're currently in the bottom of my DCN with the other 4 up top. They have had playtime out together several times and everyone gets along really well! My only concern is that Stumpy made some noises today while out so I'm calling my vet tomorrow and taking care of him if he's sick until I try to have them all living together just yet.

I also just built a playpen out of cardboard tri-fold project boards. It is working out great so far! Now I just need more toys in there for them... Will share pics soon! :)

So this is my DCN currently. Teddy, Fuzzbutt, Striker, & Scottie are up top with my newest Penguins and Polar bears ice skating hammocks from the lovely Petunia :toothy2:
Down bottom are Ryo & Stumpy in a bright hammock set (also made by Petunia :) ) and a hammock I made.
Also pictured is Teddy.. a couple mornings ago I woke up and he had pulled the corner of the blanket covering the base over himself and was sleeping. It was so adorable! He woke when I took a picture but he just stayed there and went back to sleep. lol

20160402_004312.jpg

20160408_183008.jpg

Back