Update on moi!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry's_mum

SO! I went back to school, and it turns out it's AS hard if not harder than I thought it would be!
:gaah:
The first 3 mos were 4 days a week tues-fri 9-4 in class days of pure HELL! I don't do well sitting all day long as it turns out! Go figure...
LOTS of book work, and homework, tests, and exams. I was sitting at a 93% avg. for the longest time, then Cole started having 'issues' that seeped into school, not just home life.
I didn't do so well at sschool (go figure) as my mind was on my childs issues, and am now sitting at an 87% avg... not bad, but not where I want it to be.

Cole is doing better now also, his meds were changed, he's back to seeing his docs more often, and is UBER excited about Christmas, even though mommy is working both Christmas eve day and Christnmas Day day.

I currently have 3 jobs... YEPPERS, 3 JOBS! and still going to school. Christmas break marks the end of the first half, and in January I start my second placement wich is in a long term care facility, Which i'm not too excited about as those are the ones always in the news for neglect and abuse....
My Community placement hired me out of placement, so that's a compliment I suppose, lol and I was referred to another agency by a family member of one of the clients in the facility i'd just been hired at!
AWESOME huh?
Im hoping this means I can FINALLY leave my retail job behind me!!! Maybe in the new year!
For now, i'm praying for March to come, as that's when i'm done school, and can some what get back to a normal life....
The rat rescue is doing great! lots of asoptions incase yo haven't been able to see on FB! They are still the loves of my life, and a HUGGE part of my life!
As some of you may have noticed, I'm no longer a MOD anymore. I found it too hard to be on here and give the Shack its well deserved time. So I had to unfortunately step down...
It's sad, but I just couldn't do everything anymore...

So that's kind of a quick run down on where i've been, where I am, and what i'm doing...
I do miss each and every one of you guys, and think often of you all!

I've definitely been following you on FB. Oh and I've been in contact with Alex. She simply adores her new baby boys from you. She's madly in love with them, great personalities! I kind of convinced her to go for the 4 instead of the two. LOL

That is so awesome having such a great school average and dealing with real life. You really must be superwoman, or at the very least, supermom.
I'm so glad things are working out for you!

Wow, good for you! I had noticed you weren't around, but didn't realize what you were doing.

It is really hard to sit in class and concentrate after you've been away for a while. I could not concentrate for a whole hour back when I went back to school, but that got easier with time.

87% is not exactly shabby, especially under the circumstances! So congrats. You don't have long to go.

I have found it generally get easier after the first term. You get used to it and get a nice pattern to get the stuff done. Grats on going back to school!

Wow, major accomplishment and not an easy one at that.
Keep going strong.....you will grow into someone more successful than you thought you could ever be. Congrats!

87% sounds pretty good to me, especially when you have that many jobs, including your job as a mom. i can't imagine. :shock: but it's good to hear from you again :)

I am so very proud of you Lynds....I am not sure I could do all that...wow.....I miss seeing you on here....but keep checking in on FB.....Hope you have a great Christmas....

Back