Update on Lily our first rescue,should they move in 2gether?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slapdash

A week ago we rescued Lily from a terrible home... viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16693

I've been in contact with a local rescue and they are willing to take her if I can foster her for a while but after talking about it with my fiancee we are both basically positive we are keeping her unless a PERFECT home came along but frankly, I think we are it lol :heart: Following the advice of the foster coordinator at the rescue I let her play with my rats every night for the past four or five days and I cannot believe how well they get along and how happy it makes her, this is really what made us decide to keep her, it's like they are the perfect little family! From day one there was only one tiny little scuffle with Ralphie, the alpha which I assume is normal and ever since she is in love with all of them following them around on the couch and actually copying what they do including snuggling on my sholder :joy: In her short two-three months she has always been a lone rat in a tiny hamster cage so I was wondering...should I just go ahead and move her in with them? Right now shes in a starter cage bigger than what she was in but not big enough and they are in a double FN and she's all alone...I think it will help her in the socializing process, is this possible? Finally, she is very skiddish, doesn't bite at all just runs when you try to pick her up or pet her but she's getting better, does anyone have any advice on the steps I can take and what I can do to make her more social besides lots of out time with me? Thanks so much!!! One week and I'm already in love...again :giggle:

CongRATS! I'm so glad you are keeping. If you scrub down the cage I think moving her in should work. Keep an eye on them for a good day or two to make sure.

Well we tried today and while there were no problems with aggression or anything she was SPOOKED, I felt terrible and we decided to wait another couple of days but to let her play in the cage for an hour or so a day.She LOVES the other rats so I'm not sure what it was? Could she be overwhelmed from going to a hamster cage to a slightly larger one and then to a double FN? It was a big jump in size, maybe too much to look at? She just sat in a corner and cowered the whole time acting more skiddish then usual, I felt terrible :sad3: Any ideas why or what we can do to help her enjoy all the space the FN has? Thanks!

Back