Unique rat

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey There!!! So me and my parents were just discussing this and I wanted to do a post because of the slim chances of this happening(I didnt word thar very well, sorry). So Zipper is my very first rat, ever. She's blind, has about 4 kinks in her tail, and her fingers on her front feet are merged together. I just wanted to share my special girl 😊

Attachments

• 20221215_142124.jpg
    20221215_142124.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • 20221113_084918.jpg
    20221113_084918.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221113_084912.jpg
    20221113_084912.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Do you think she is blind because of the red eyes ? And her toes are really cool :)
Partly. Also because if she's eating or just sitting in her cage, and I put my hand in to pet her, she'll either not see it or get freaked out when I touch her. After she knows I'm there she's really sweet though. Dewie and berry are adorable!!!!

I think dewie Is blind because when ever I touch home he freaks out and flinches or thinks that another rat is trying to be dominant do you think dewie might be blind ?
It's possible. I wouldn't know for sure though. What.my rat does a lot is she'll stop and stand completely still, then slowly sway her head side to side. She'll also be very hesitant about being picked up or climbing onto my hands, and ive also noticed she doesn't like being in hammocks if her feet don't Touch the ground. Does Dewie ever do anything like that?

yes dewie does sway his head or stand completely still and tense if he hears a different sound but I have heard that swaying the head means they are trying to focus on an object they want to look at i think he feels pretty comfortable in hammocks he just hates being touched picked up and if I do pick him up he starts to sqeak and squirm also if he doesn’t want me somewhere he lightly grabs my hand and shoves me in the direction ha wants me to go it’s actually k8ndod cute but I still wish he’d let me pet him etc

Back