Umpa's story for Shelagh

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamarat

Umpa came to me as a rescue from Oshawa. I fell in love with his picture. He did not get along with my boys, so I got him his own harem. Maggie, Lucy, Gigi and Cookie.

umpasstory10thegirls.jpg

Umpa wanted to be with his girls

umpasstory4.jpg

And bulldozed his way into their hearts

umpasstory5.jpg

Lucy soon became Mrs Umpa Lumpa

umpasstory9.jpg

And would greet him with a kiss at the door

umpasstory6.jpg

With his girls

umpasstory8.jpg

Gigi would bring him blocks when he got sick

umpasstory7.jpg

Soon Umpa got tired

umpasstory2.jpg

He died on Oct.28, 2005

umpasstory3.jpg

umpasstory10.jpg

I still miss my big boy. :cry:

Beautiful Umpa, I remember picking him up in North Bay, his former owner snuck him on the Greyhound all the way from Oshawa.

Lucy was #1 wife cause she was the one that always slept with him, she would always groom him and make sure he was happy and cuddly.

It still amazes me when I saw Gigi brining him blocks all around him when he could no longer make it to the food bowl.

Rats are amazing animals!!

What a wonderful wonderful story of Rat Love. Lucy was the sweetest companion to him, as was all his lovely ladies.

Lucy is the last of that Era of incredible rats as well?

I remember meeting Umpa, what a character he was! He didn't have a cage when he lived with Nicole, he had made his home on her armchair in the living room.
He was in such rough shape when I saw him, I was really concerned that the trip might even be too much for him.
I am glad that he lived out his life with his own harem, it was probably the first time he had ever had rat companions. Umpa had a wee bit of an attitude. :)

Back