Uhmmm

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miya_Moo_Chu

Is Tissue Paper bad for rats? Because yesterday my brothers bd was coming up, and I got him some presents, and I ACCIDENTLY left them by the cage, and my rats had a bit of CHEW time, with the Tissue paper, And I'm just worried that it could get caught up in they're intestins or something... ANd I really don't want that to happen.
So please tell me if it's bad.

Rats have to know the difference between food and objects to be chewed for a different purpose - As they have to chew incessantly they do know the difference between chewing for spitting out and chewing for swallowing. Their health depends on knowing when to swallow and when not to.
They have an ability we don't, they have muscles that spit chewed stuff out the side of their mouths. When they are gnawing stuff it's not going into their tummies unless they perceive it as food.

However, they can perceive no difference between things that should be peed on and things that shouldn't be.

HAHAHAHA

We have given ours streamers which they liked. Now we give them cheap dollarstore toilet paper. We rip them off in squares and they grab it and put it in the cage. It's highly amusing for the rats and especially the humans.

Haha, thats what i've been doing, the toilet paper thing, they have this ball of toilet paper. I should post a pic of one of them in it.
it's sooo cute.

My kids love when I take a length of toilet paper and pull it around on the bed or drag it across them and lift it up in the air like you'd do for a cat with a ball on a string They won't play with toys on a string but they sure go nuts for that toilet paper!! If only they could learn to use it for the purpose it was intended for :wink:

Fidget said:
If only they could learn to use it for the purpose it was intended for :wink:

:laugh4: Fidge - You are too funny! You're just killin' me with these one liners!

:threadjacked: And, I just had to add . . . our boys are 18 weeks old today(or thereabouts, 'cause we really don't know when their birthdays are)! We're going to celebrate with a hardboiled egg and a length of toilet paper!

Gee - that reminds me, I gotta get that darn ole, EarlGrey to take some more pictures. Off she goes to :stickpoke: EarlGrey. EarlGrey! We need recent pictures of the babies! And can you make me a new avatar? And when was the last time you cleaned out their cage? And have you fed them yet? And have you finished your homework? And clean your room! And, and, and . . . . Ahhh, there's nothing like having a teenaged daughter! :laugh4:

Back