uhh we seem to have found a puppy.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmom

long story short, my boyfriend was coming home from his parents house, and he found a puppy just wandering the streets... so of course he brought it home.

we don't really want to bring it to a shelter, cause it's a pitty...we're looking for its owners, but we also want to be very careful, cause he is a pitt, and honestly probably the sweetest calmest dog ever, and we kinda love him(more than kinda) and want him to be safe..

so i don't know, if anyone knows anyone in the columbus, Ohio area missing a brown pitbull puppy (around 2 and a half-3 months old) and can provide proof that this doggy is theirs (either through a picture, or with a description of his markings/collar) let us know!

(we secretly totally want to keep him forever, but i figured we'd cover our bases, and try to find its owners wherever possible)

just wanted to add, he has a collar, but no tags. my boyfriends mom said she might know who's it it... her neighbor, who has lost 4 pitties in 2 years, and has never kept one for longer than six months. keeps theirs tied up to a lawn mower. :sad3: :( there's no frigging way this doggy is getting tied to a lawn mower. :cry:

the vet isn't open untill monday, so we'll do that then... in the meantime we're looking on craigslist for missing dog ads, in the area.

In addition to posting & checking on Craigslist and Kijiji you should also call your local animal control and SPCA to advise them that you have it. You won't have to give the puppy over to them - it's just so that they have a record in case the owner contacts them. Also, you should call the local e-vet if you have one & let them know. I found a dog a few months ago and the owner was so desparate to find him they even called the police!

Sounds like the same way we got our kitten. I found him roaming the street, took him in and posted ads, but no one replied. All good to me because I wanted to keep him too! Check kijiji and craigslist, post your own ads saying found puppy, but no pictures. That way they have to describe him and he doesn't fall into the wrong hands.

Keep him.

Although, you were not allowed to have Pitbulls in Ontario unless they are registered and neutered. I'd be careful who you let know that you have him, he may be taken and euthenized.

PitLuvs said:
Keep him.

Although, you were not allowed to have Pitbulls in Ontario unless they are registered and neutered. I'd be careful who you let know that you have him, he may be taken and euthenized.

i'm not in ontario anymore so that's not really an issue...we're bringing him to the vet tomorrow, so if he's not chipped, and nobody responds/puts up a missing dog ad's we're definitely going to keep him.

my bf worked at the animal shelter, so he has friend who run a pitty rescue, and they also train pits, so she said she would help us train him, when/if the time comes.

kmom said:
PitLuvs said:
Keep him.

i'm not in ontario anymore so that's not really an issue...we're bringing him to the vet tomorrow, so if he's not chipped, and nobody responds/puts up a missing dog ad's we're definitely going to keep him.

my bf worked at the animal shelter, so he has friend who run a pitty rescue, and they also train pits, so she said she would help us train him, when/if the time comes.

Your location says Ottawa lol

If its perfectly legal for you to have him, then YAY! After owning my pit as a puppy, i'll never have another again (puppy). I wish you tons of luck :p

lol yeah i haven't been here in awhile, so i haven't updated it

also since he's pretty much adorable,
10qff38.jpg

2mo9ojm.jpg

i dunno if you can see it well in the pics, but he's really quite small and skinny. his ribs stick out :( .... we got him some puppy food today, (we had weight control dog food here from when my bf was fostering an older overweight dog, but that's not good enough for this guy!) and if he's not microchipped we're going to see about getting him de-wormed tomorrow, cause we're pretty sure he has tapeworm('s).

also he's sleeping in my lap. like seriously AWWW

arresai said:
He's friggin' adorable! I hope you get to keep him.
We did!

LOL long time no update and all (sorry!). his name is Jackelope (actually just a running joke lol more of a a nickname) , Jack for short, he's about 8 months old now, he's neutered, and has his shots, and he's doing great.
here's some updates pics:
2up6y69.jpg

zyj704.jpg

2afzpko.jpg

he's by far the best dog my husband and I have ever had! he's calm and laid back and just a general all around love butt.

Back