Uh oh! Iris Went Printer Spelunking!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starmaiden

Iris finds my printer the best hiding place of all! I had even stuffed old t shirts in the openings while my rats are out with me near the computer to keep them out of there. I think Iris assumed I put the T-shirts in there for her comfort because she just shoved them out of the way, climbed in, and proceeded to make a little nest in there with them...after biting though the pesky cord that moves the ink cartridges back and forth...it obviously didn't go with the decor of her newfound playhouse! :shock: Oh well, its a scanner and fax machine too...so even if Iris broke the printer, all is not lost!

I didn't think to get a picture of her cute wittle face all covered in black ink as it peered out of the paper slot...but here's a photo of the incriminating evidence she left on my desk! :lol:

pawprints.jpg

Here's a nifty pic of Pansy's impressive stash I found one morning while cage cleaning. They had corn on the cob for dinner the previous night. I'm impressed because she managed to drag the corn cobs down 3 flights of ramps, though two PVC pipes, and finally into a box with a small hole cut as an entrance. I also see she managed to stash some grapes, some breakfast cereal I just cooked for them that morning, and quite a few yogies (probably by stealing them from her cagemates...she's such a pig! :roll: )

stash.jpg

And here's a pic of the ratties during their playtime. I like to set up a play area for them in the bathtub.
Petals is the black and white hooded, Iris-black Irish, Pansy-fawn hooded- Sweet pea-dumbo agouti...you can just see her head peeking out to the left in this photo:
playtime_01.jpg

Iris is the black irish girlie and Pansy is the fawn hooded
playtime_04.jpg

playtime_05.jpg

A nice pic of Petals:
playtime_03.jpg

My printer is right next to one of my cages.
A few months back I was having a jamming issue that I couldn't resolve. I took it into a repair shop and paid $80 for someone to completely open it up and find what was jamming it.
So the guy shows me when I go to pick it up and it is a hardened piece of rat poo. I just looked at him and said 'Wow, I wonder what that could be?'. He replied that he didn't know, but that it looked really weird.
I scurried out of there very quickly before I broke out laughing.

Vanessa said:
My printer is right next to one of my cages.
A few months back I was having a jamming issue that I couldn't resolve. I took it into a repair shop and paid $80 for someone to completely open it up and find what was jamming it.
So the guy shows me when I go to pick it up and it is a hardened piece of rat poo. I just looked at him and said 'Wow, I wonder what that could be?'. He replied that he didn't know, but that it looked really weird.
I scurried out of there very quickly before I broke out laughing.
OMG!! LOL!

HAHAHAHA that's hilarious.

Hazel likes to stash everything. I put out lab blocks and she takes them all down to the bottom and hides them all down there.

jorats said:
Your girls are sweet but mischievous little things...

Vanessa, that was soooo funny!

Ah Ha! Could that be why they call a group of rats a mischief? :wink:

The rat poo in the printer was a good one! I have a similar story which is why I started stuffing the Tshirts in the printer when the girls were hanging out with me on the computer in the first place:

Petunia (R.I.P. lil'darlin') was a champion stasher. She stashed food before she ate any...my other rats are the other way around. She stacked her lab block so neatly, I hated to mess it up. If I'd have known that not all rats made such neat stashes, I would have taken a picture of one of hers too. But she was my first rat.

I was having trouble with the printer jamming. I opened it up to clear the jam and found a stash of yogies inside! :lol: I'm pretty sure Petunia was the one who made it because she was the only one who ever tried stashing food when fed outside of the cage.

Back