Ugh, you just have to be kidding...Not Bianca :D

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

I was shocked finding a small flat seedling tumour in Pocky's armpit, and she was 10 months old at a the time. Imagine my shock when I find a large lumpy muscly mass on 6 month old Zoey's chest. One of those that hide and you don't always visibly see, and when I would scoop her out for her Out time it was around her body, so I missed it :(

I've been a bit distracted since Iris's advent, but its still no excuse. But 6 months old???? Can you imagine this little life being snuffed out by the time she was 10 months old? :shock:

So I will be calling Dr Munn for another removal/spay...sigh. I will dig up the funds somewhere for her and Loki. :doh:

Zoey is one of the "boys" I picked up for Lindy...yeah they were both girls. :roll: She and her sister Mia live with Misu and my last tiltyhead Theo. :)

She's such a sweet little playful spirit
Zoeyiscuriousmay30.jpg

Zoz-oisMissVivaciousmay30.jpg

:sad3:

I'm sorry you have to go through these lumps. They really do suck big time. I am sick of tumours too so I'm gonna try and get my 3 girls spayed. It makes sense to be because a couple tumour removals cost more than one spay so I think I can do it :D

Good luck with your girls.

Oh my goodness.... 6 months? Any chance she's actually older? closer to 12 months? It's always hard to tell for sure with rescues.
Those girls are sure lucky they landed with you.

If they weren't fed all that well and being in a very tiny habitat, they may not grow as a normal rat should. Have you seen a significant growth in 2 months or could it be a growth due to healthy eating. I can't say she looks 10 months in those pics. But in your pics in the first post, I'd say she looks 8 to 12 months.
A few things that might help you gauge her age. How does she act? A bit territorial? Looking desperately for males? Really pushy with the other rats? Those would all be signs of a 5 to 7 months old. (of course, all depending on her personality to begin with.)

They still act like babies... no interest in males, never seen them go into heat yet. They were small but plump, they looked very normal when i got them...probably weighed about 170 grams when I got them, and now are about 280 grams or a bit more?

From everything you describe, she sounds young then. :(

My mom's Lulu has a lump as well, uniformed, hard and bumpy but it is mammary but she's old.
Hopefully Zoey's is benign and a spay will keep her tumour free.

Hi lilspaz,
Is there anything we can do to help you out with vet costs. You've had so much with Iris and Loki and now this all at once. I can't afford a lot but I would love to help out in some way. Let us know...

Awww that's very sweet!!! :heart:

But a friend in the UK has actually loaned me money for Loki's (now Wolf's) neuter. She owns a full wild girl, who she raised as a wee baby of about 2 weeks old, so always had a fondness for my wildies. :D

We'll be okay I think :) Just cross your fingers for no more emergencies this month! :cheeky:

Insanity...finding 2 small lumps just above Bianca's armpit last night!!!! :gaah:
She's 5 months old!! She's Molly's elder daughter. :sad3:

What's next, I find a tumor on a rat pup??? The genetics are more and more horrible these days, I am soo furious at BYB's and "Breeders" I could easily rip a head or 2 off! :redhot:

Unfortunately wee Bianca was going to have to wait for her op until August 13th (good paycheque) but I called and found out Dr Munn is out of town from Aug. 12-29th :shock:

I have her booked for August 4th and am trying to finagle fundage. I just have to find someone to loan me money for 9 days. My poor poor girl. :cry3:

Biancamay25.jpg

Back