Ugh what's wrong now???

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ktina

My Emma had, what we thought, was a stroke about a month ago. She was put on meds and made a good recovery. She never was her playful self after but she did enjoy climbing and exploring and was putting weight on again.

A few days ago I noticed her losing a bit of weight. She was eating fine, so I figured she was getting old and her huge tumor on her stomach might be effecting her. I fed her soft foods and did all I could. Today, I noticed she has a very very slight head tilt, she won't eat hard foods (not even Cheerios, her favorite!) and seems a but disoriented.

Could she have had another stroke? Or do you think it's something unrelated? I'm really worried. :( I'm getting her into the vet tomarrow.

If she has a tumour on her stomach it would only be a matter of time before she runs into problems from it. I imagine that's the culprit that's causing the problems. If the tumour is inoperable all you can do is keep her comfortable and once you can see that she's not it will be time to say goodbye. Sorry! :(

When we thought she had the stroke she lost control of one side of her bosy and could only drag it and wasn't eating and couldn't hold food with the one side. The day after I found her (before going into the vet since it happened on a Sunday as well) she was about 50% better and could actually walk, although wobbly.

We treated her with a steriod and antibiotic, I don't remember the name, it started with a D, though.

Just got back from the vet. They gave her a shot of Cortizone (I think that's what it was) and she's now on Prednisone and Baytril. Wish her luck.

Back