Ugh, new "Rescue" in Toronto :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Kijiji postings

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-pets-other-p ... Z523412312

Rats and mice. ages vary. (feeders and pets)

Date Listed 13-Sep-13
Last Edited 30-Sep-13
Price Please contact
Address Canada
View map
Offered By Registered Breeder

I Breed Fancy mice as feeders for my snakes, But have to many for my self right now.
I'm offering a sweet deal here for PET mice as well as feeders.
I will have new pinkies in about 3 days, On request I will freeze some.
If your interested in some live mice as feeder I will also have some on request.
Any one wanting a Pet mouse will get a small baggy of seed and nibs with there new mouse to get started. The mice I sell as pets will be around 6-7 weeks of age and fully off there mothers milk.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-pets-animal- ... Z523760469

*.:Cat or Dog massage therapy:. *

Hello, I know first hand that when your beloved pet starts to get old or has a surgery and can't walk well you feel like there is nothing you can do.
I give dog or cat massage therapy, I do it on my own older dog and she really does love it, she can run and play with her child and the rest of the family and I seems to help out her joints.

I only charge $10 per hour for a full body massage. I only ask that you come my house, After the massage the dog or cat will get a treat and small package for there time and heath.

For more info please E-mail or call me from 4Pm-7Pm

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-resumes-chil ... Z525104177

*Work needed, Please read*

Date Listed 18-Sep-13
Address Arleta Avenue, Toronto, ON, Canada
View map

Hello,

Here is a little intro about me and my work.
My name is Mikaylah, I am 15 years young :) , I have worked with animals since I can remember. I have had pets all my life and seeing as my mum is a dog groomer and rescuer I have lads of experience. I know a lot about any kind of animal, I personally have may reptiles such as snakes and lizards, I have mice, rats, cats and dogs. I love kids and being an only child I don't mind working with them at all. I also have a ton of experience with children with needs, I have a family member with needs and so I know how t work an react with them. I worked at a horse back riding ranch where they had a camp that came once a week for riding and the children where kids wit needs. I as side walker as ell as a leader, I talked with e kids d helped them ride and he lots of fun.

I am looking for a job to help out make some money to put a little less strain on my grandparents seeing as I live with them. I would like a job wit animals or maybe kids, I can cook ad clean if that s needed or maybe a babysitting job. I can do anything I suppose and would love to work with something in my range of work.

Please contact me if you are in need of a worker.

My E-mail address will me listed on the side --> also my number

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-pets-to-give ... Z528725321

.:Animal rescue and recovery home:.

Date Listed 30-Sep-13
Last Edited 01-Oct-13
Address GTA Seiko Scale, 4218 Lawrence Avenue East, Toronto, ON M1E 4X9, Canada
View map
Offered By Shelter

Hello, I run a small home bound animal rescue and recovery. The name is Whispering Winds rescue and rehab.

I take in any reptiles and small mammals.
Any mice, rat hamsters. Etc. I take in any pet you cant take care of any longer and keep them y self or try and find them a new home. All adoptions that are released from my care get a fallow up and sign a forum for insurance, contact information. ANY MICE OR RATS WILL NOT BE SOLD AS FEEDERS!

I take in reptiles such as snakes lizards etc. I rehabilitate and rehome animals if need be, I make sure all go to a great home! I also take in any unwanted fish or water dwelling frogs.

Please feel free to contact me for more information. E-mail call or text.

and most recently

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-pets-other-H ... Z529081400

.:Hog nose snake:. Whispering winds rescue and rehab

Date Listed 01-Oct-13
Price Please contact
Address GTA Seiko Scale, 4218 Lawrence Avenue East, Toronto, ON M1E 4X9, Canada
View map

Hello, I run Whispering Winds rescue and rehab for small animals. I have a Hog nose snake up for adoption. It may come with tank. Eating live, can we switched to frozen.

For the age sex and colour please email me and I will sen photos and more info.

Please e-mail me or call after 4pm or between the hours of 11:30-12:15 am.

Only people with a real intention of adopting.
Adoption fee is needed. Small not much.

Thank you Whispering Winds rescue and rehab

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Looks like this 'rescue' is being run by a well-meaning young teenager. The spelling and grammar are atrocious, and it sounds like her setup is minimal; each animal has 'a cage or tank and may come with a water bottle/bowl' -- looks like she's taking in animals with whatever the owner gives her, and using what she's given (likely she doesn't have money to purchase something larger/better, hence soliciting donations).

I imagine she feels she's doing good work, saving the animals from euthanasia or use as reptile food, but it's the kind of thing that could very quickly turn into a 'hoarding' situation. Hopefully she won't take in too many animals and become overwhelmed.

6GirlMischief said:
Looks like this 'rescue' is being run by a well-meaning young teenager. The spelling and grammar are atrocious, and it sounds like her setup is minimal; each animal has 'a cage or tank and may come with a water bottle/bowl' -- looks like she's taking in animals with whatever the owner gives her, and using what she's given (likely she doesn't have money to purchase something larger/better, hence soliciting donations).

I imagine she feels she's doing good work, saving the animals from euthanasia or use as reptile food, but it's the kind of thing that could very quickly turn into a 'hoarding' situation. Hopefully she won't take in too many animals and become overwhelmed.

I don't think she has an issue with animals being used for food...

I Breed Fancy mice as feeders for my snakes, But have to many for my self right now.
If your interested in some live mice as feeder
I will also have some on request.

6GirlMischief said:

I don't think she has an issue with animals being used for food...not a good quality in a rescue.

If your interested in some live mice as feeder
I will also have some on request.

She breeds and rescues how awesome. I hate seeing this crap out there just makes me angry.

Teenager - yes, well meaning - No

If your interested in some live mice as feeder I will also have some on request.

Personal reward, gratification, etc
But not a nice or compassionate person.
Not someone who cares about animals.
Person has no problem feeding animals to reptiles. breeding animals for food, etc
This person is not rescuing animals!

This same Mikaylah person is now running a rattery under the name of Jazzed Up rattery. She has claimed she has been breeding for several years (7 or more) and has lied quite frequently about her name, age and intentions with the rats. She has even claimed she has gone to college and has kids of her own. I came acrossed her earlier this year and found many red flags on her website.

sadly people just have different ideas on the ethical treatment of animals- I think its often how one is raised . she seems well meaning . we had a pet sitter once- he was great - loved animals as well- but after sitting our rats he saw how great they were and started breeding them - again like here for pet or food- needless to say we stopped using him . its sad . for us that know how smart these animals are -

She has far too many animals. I understand breeders tend to have more rats but this collection isn't focused on one or two specific animals. The collection includes snakes (yes she does feed live), bearded dragons, other reptiles, guinea pigs, chinchillas, cats and dogs. She claims to do testing but when I asked for what I didn't really get an answer. She claims to import her lines from the states but again when I asked from who I didn't really get an answer.

Back