Ugh..Intros.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can we get a better picture of the new girl? If Madeleine is still quite young, it could be that when Madeleine is a bit older, Molly won't bother with her as much.

Yes she is definitely too young to have a spay, she looks around 5-6 weeks. I think they generally need to be around 3 months before a vet will conduct a spay.

When I rescued her from a breeder going out of business (Thank GOD!) I think I saw her sister, so I'm going to go back tomorrow. Hopefully she is still there and I can just house them together. Crossing my fingers!

Great idea Zanya, I rescued two babies from a feeder fate at just 4 weeks old. I purchased her sister as well knowing they are too young to be introduced to my colony for atleast another 6-8 weeks ATLEAST. So she has her sister to bounce around with in their own cage until I feel they are ready for intro. Good luck tomorrow and hope you can get her sister for her to be with.

A tad younger, but almost the same size(a little smaller). They're getting along great, but her sissy is still scared. Going to try to get her some yummies and maybe open her up a little.

She loved the bananas and carrots I let them have. She is VERY scared. I think she may have been abused or something. She literally poo's at the sight of me. That being said, I think she is realizing I'm a one of the good guys because she's actually somewhat coming up to the door of the cage when I come in the room. I think she sees Madeline getting excited when I come in and then she wants to examine me haha. We're going to work on her being scared though. Hopefully she opens up soon.
(Don't worry about the cage bottom in the pic, right after I took this I covered the bottom in fleece to protect their feet, this is only a temp cage until I get paid again)

0111152153a (1).jpg

It's probably the change in food. I would keep her on a good quality rat block and fresh water for now, don't give anything more but if it continues another week, then you can try pumpkin puree.

VERY aggravated with Molly, she is just so temperamental and mean to every other rat and she tends to bite no matter if she's in time out or not. Is there anything I can do to calm her down?

Back