Twitchy jump!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cotton+lycra

Hi,

I have just cleaned Cotton and Lycra's cage. They have in there for about half an hour or so, and the kept coming to the side of the cage nearest me which usually they want to sit on shoulder, snuggled in my hair. Anyway, i opened the cage and said in a gentle voice, "Cotton, cuddles" (i always do this so they know whats going on). She didnt run away, just sat still like normal and i reached down and gently stroked the whole of her back, which i always do before picking her up. When i got to the bottom of her bak, just above the tail, she did this weird twichy thing, half twisted round and jumped then wiggled her ears and ran right the way round the cage!! This has never happened before and didn't know what to do so i closed the cage and came on here to ask every one!

What was it se was doing? She wasnt injured from what i could see and i was stroking her gently :? :panic: :gaah: i dont understand!!

Jen

I think your little girl is in heat and you rubbed her just at the right spot. Nothing to worry about, it's normal in unspayed females.

Back