Turner...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry's_mum

Turner as you know has been fighting nasal polyps for some time now...
Unfortunatly, it has won the battle... :sad3:
If he doesn't go tonight, i'll take him with me tomorrow to the vet to be PTS...
Such a sweet soul he is, and he'd like to be remebered as "Jeffers". That's what he told us tonight while we asked him if he was ready to go....

:heart: :heart: :heart:

I forgot to add that, he said he was VERY content in his life, happy, and he said he was ready. He also said with a wink, that i'd need the space very soon, someone NEEDS me....

Even in his last moments, he's thinking of me.....
They dont get any sweeter than Turner/Jeffers.....

I'm so sorry for you! Obviously this is the kindest time-had/good-life-had balance for Jeffers.
Funny how we put them to sleep and they wake up in heaven with old friends and new abilities, while we don't sleep worth a darn after and all the people in our lives can't fill that one little major space. No matter how sure we are that we are tearing our hearts out to be kind to them we still have a guilt, eh? I can say the greatest last gift you can give your boy is for him to be able to look down & see YOU happy with happy memories & feeling blessed he was yours. Hard to do, us humans don't adapt as well as ratties.
I think you get it tho when you talk of giving his safe loved space to another. That's the kind of thing a kid can point down to from heaven and say "Look, I made a dent so big it needs filling now." :wink2:
I'm so sorry you will be saying goodbye to your little man tomorrow. I know the grief will overwhelm everything for a while but I hope soon you can realize that he will be in heaven waiting to see you live again so he can run happily there with no guilt.

:hugs: So sorry Lynds. Turner is a special man. Will always have a special spot in your :heart: .

He sounds like a very sweet, strong, brave soul.

I wish you my best, and I have Turner/Jeffers is my heart.

I couldn't take him in after seeing him all bright eyed thismorning.
I found I was second guessing myself, and I always think that if i'm not sure, than maybe I shouldn't be doing it...
Anyway, he's not in any discomfort, he's tired from fighting, as he sleeps most days, but he's enjoying his meds, and ensure, he's still eating, and Toby is keeping him well loved.

He was clearly not ready to go this morning.

Day by day is the way to go. Also, rats sometimes have bad days and the next they feel better.
Yay for Turner, enjoying his cuddles and nommies still.

Back