Tumour for Trudie

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jorats

Loving rats since 2002.
It seems each time I write a post, I'm begging for healing vibes.
For the last few weeks, Trudie has slowed down a lot. At her age, I feared a pt. She will be two at the beginning of Aug. Her daily routine changed, she didn't come out as much or as long. She didn't really eat all that well and her eyes started to look smallish. Last night, I found a whole bunch of blood in the cage. I could see it was coming from Trudie. She was bleeding a lot! The blood was coming from her vagina and not her urethra, this alarmed me greatly because she is spayed. She went to the vet today and she found an egg size tumour at her vagina. My vet will attempt to remove it on Friday. It's going to be a hard surgery, there could lots of blood loss... and then there's the wait until then.
My sweet Trudie is such an amazing rat... I don't want her to leave me just yet. :sad3:
Please keep her in your thoughts.

Trudiesick_zpsce4803c3.jpg

All my fingers are crossed, and so are many many paws here for your sweet Trudie

1) for the bleeding to slow down so she makes it to Friday with as little worry as possible
2) for the surgery to be a wonderful success with little blood loss
3) for quick healing

((hugs))

Poor beautiful Trudie!!! Sending tons of healing vibes of her way until Friday, and a fresh new bunch will be coming then.

Keeping fingers and paws crossed that the surgery goes well and that she gets back on her feet quickly... and :hugs: to you.

I took this pic of my sweet Trudie this morning... I'm glad I did because it is her last. Trudie didn't make it. The surgery was a success but she passed soon after in recovery.
She had a keratinous cyst attached to her urethra and intestines.
The only comfort I have is that knowing Trudie is back with her two hubbies, first Butter Bean and then Storm. I'm sure she is loving them up like the doting little wife she was.
I will miss you Trudie.
TrudieLast_zpsf6b53c7b.jpg

Back