Tucker - neuter update

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how did he do?
He is home and I do believe he is now resting comfortably after eating some corn on the cob and oxbow. This is the best neuter yet so from now on we request this doctor. Doctor said he pouted afterwards, I would too if I lost those impressive size gonads. He was doing owey stretches while we were at the vet so we had them give him a buprenorphine shot. (I had requested they not use this med for anything) He was still doing some stretches as we were leaving, but seems to be fine now. If he seems to be hurting later on we'll possibly add some tramadol like we did with Clark. Oh, and no stitches!!!!!
Some of you might be wondering why we were at the vet so long picking him up.. Well, when I got home from work and went to talk to the boys there was strange noises coming from one of them....our Sebastian is a sick boy, but I will start another thread for him.......will the drama ever end?!

Had Wally out visiting his brother yesterday and he made the mistake of going into Tucker's hospital cage and getting on his hammock. WOW, did Tuck Tuck become one &$^%#* off rat! He went after Wally's tail, sides, anything he could find... (no harm done as Wally escaped) then Tuck Tuck had to go to side rubbing, butt rubbing, etc - what a hormonal bugger he still is...... Talk about a psycho rat ...... :tantrum: "Get off my stuff Wally"

Had Wally and Tucker out together last night and of course they are still fighting, but not as violently or as much. Wally is actually getting the upper hand on a few of the tussles, but I noticed dried blood around Tucker's winky. I was able to push out the winky (after a struggle) and didn't see any blood inside or on the winky. I play with him every day and this is the first time I've seen anything. Should I worry about this or just watch it? He still has to go for the follow up appointment, but we've been busy. Other than that everything seems fine.

Had his follow up today and everything is just fine. He gained 120 grams! I have no idea when he's eating. Maybe its because he's in a smaller cage and isn't getting as much exercise... :gaah: He's 500 grams.....

Glad to hear he is healing up nicely after his surgery. Hopefully the last of the hormones will fade from his system quickly and he and Wally will start getting along much better.

Glad to hear he is well on the way to a full recovery. Keeping my fingers crossed he will be a nice boy soon!

We can see a change in him now, but we still aren't putting him back with poor Wally. We'll do a complete cage clean and then after a few more play dates we will put them together again.

Back