Treating Rat Tumor with Shark Cartilage

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan2333

I have spent the past few hours researching the effect of shark cartilage on rat tumors. Has anyone tried this?

My rat has a small tumor and I'm going to try the shark cartilage first. If it doesn't do anything, then I'm taking him to a vet to get it surgically removed.

Daniel

Back in... 2003? I think it is. My sister tried it, she had a few girls with tumors and started them all on Pau d'Arco, Mycoplex and shark cartilage but nothing helped. She had the girls' tumors removed and spayed as well.
So far, spaying is the only thing that helps drastically reduce the occurrence and recurrence of benign mammary tumors.

But there's always hope! Keep us posted how yours does with it.

at the bottom of his stomach, near his left leg. My mom says it's growing fast so I'm actually not going to waste time. I'm taking him to the vet on Monday for an exam.

He lives with his brother in the same cage and they keep each other company.

Yeah, I am going to feed him only the lab blocks and cut out the fruit for now. Maybe just some veggies.

I have had much success with my rats tumor. He has had a small tumor for a long time and it has been growing so slow that I think he will outlive the tumor.

He's too old to go for surgery to get it removed and besides, I regret getting my other rat's tumor removed because he died only 4 months after. The surgery killed him in my opinion and he would have lived a lot longer without having it removed.

I have been giving him coriolus mushroom and shark cartilage for over 6 months now. The tumor is growing so slow and most of the time, it's not growing at all.

I am pretty sure that it's because of the mushroom and shark cartilage because usually tumors grow really fast.

Back