Tramadol???

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oasisandbambi

Hey everyone. My girls just got spayed and got home today. The vet prescribed meloxicam which I think is the same as metacam as a anti-inflammatory (I read that its also a painkiller) and tramadol as a painkiller. I haven't given them the tramadol yet and dont think I will. It contains opioid and can cause pica, itchiness, etc. Also when I first googled tramadol what I got was a link saying "tramadol kills more people then cocaine" so....yeah. thoughs? Has anyway given this to their ratties and how did it go? Will it be fine if I just give my girls the meloxicam ?

Mine have ever only been prescribed metacam for 2 days after their surgeries.

How are they acting? Do they seem like they are in pain?
Mine have been prescribed metacam for week and tramadol for 3 days
They acting great, super energetic, eating drinking and super playful! Which is great but I just want them to chill a little so they dont mess up the stitches/glue ahaha

When my rats have been spayed, the vet has given them a shot of metacam that lasts for 24 hrs after surgery.
Then after that time is up, I give them oral metacam for about 4 to 5 days

When my rats have been spayed, the vet has given them a shot of metacam that lasts for 24 hrs after surgery.
Then after that time is up, I give them oral metacam for about 4 to 5 days
Thank you! Thats what ill be doing. My vet said it wasn't enough but they dont seem to be in pain. Also I really dont trust that other analgesic.

Back