Trésor April 2005 - Aug 10th 2007

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jorats

Loving rats since 2002.
Over two years ago, Petsmart opened it's doors in my city. I was hoping it would be a female store (for those who don't know, Petsmart carries only one sex), I figured I'd be safe if it's a female store cause I'm more of a male rat kinda person, well, I used to be. :wink:
There in the enclosure where two of the tiniest, sweetest little girls I've ever seen. Only two came in, they were scared and so young. May 2nd, the day Petsmart opened, their two little girls came home with me.
She was the sort of rat that let things slide, she loved other rats, she was always cuddled with someone. She also enjoyed sitting on my lap and sleeping while I petted her. She was a great girl.
Trésor lived with the big colony up until mid June. She became slow, tired and had respiratory issues. I figured it was best to move her to the Mister and Bijou cage so she could get her rest and have all the food she wants.
Neela her sister had been living with Bijou for a while already because she's got chronic lung disease and has been sick for a very long time. So the sisters were reunited, not with much fuss... Last night, at 9pm I gave Trésor some extra baby cereal, I petted her and at 1am, I found her gone and it had been at least over an hour. I wish I would have known at 9pm that she was going soon. :(
She's safe now... followed Mister, I suppose...
Be well my beautiful little treasure.

The day she came home:

Tresor.jpg

Tresor4.jpg

SmallTresor.jpg

xsTresor003.jpg

Aww sweet beautiful Tresor. What a lovely girl she was, thank you for sharing her quiet undemanding nature with us. Those are the ones that can be such a true comfort to us, but often fall in the shadow of their more rambunctious cagemates. :heart:

(((Jo)))

I'm so sorry Jo :cry: She probably just fell asleep after her cereal & pet and gently dreamed her way to heaven.
Tresor was such a pretty little girl with such a sweet temperament to match, everything you could want in a little friend for you and your other kids.
I'm so glad she found the 'everything she could want' that she so deserved in your home and your arms.

Hugs to you and Neela, and Bijou too.

Kisses, Tresor.

Back