Tough decision

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godmother

I had fostered 15 baby rats rescued from a snake owner. Most had found wonderful homes, thanks to SQ, but there were seven girls left. I decided to keep two and SQ said that she would keep the other five and continue looking for homes.

But my Robyn & Lymanette seemed miserable as a twosome. They were used to a lively cage. Lymanette was always picking on Robyn, just the way Edith used to do to Rhonda before they were integrated with Corrie and the girls. Robyn often hid from her sister, although they did cuddle up together for much of the time.

So I took the two sweeties (they are the girls in my avatar) out to SQ's on the weekend, with the idea of finding out which sister bonded best with them. The two girls re-integrated with their sisters without missing a beat.

We were too busy on the weekend to have a lot of time to observe who got along best with my girls, and they were all having so much fun. SQ suggested keeping mine for a month so that we could see who they'd most like for their third (and maybe fourth) companion.

So I left them there. Their cage looks so empty. I miss them, but I had felt so guilty having them here. They get more out time with SQ, and they have so many friends to play with. And I get a break for a month. To be honest, I've been exhausted caring for my own girls and the fosters while holding down my day job and my part-time business. Things are very busy at work, and I'm épuisée (tapped out, beat, too tired to move). I don't know how some of the rest of you do it!!

Now I just have to feel guilty that SQ has two more rats to care for!

I sure can understand. Sometimes it gets just too overwhelming. Hopefully this small break will rejuvenate you. I know for me, I wouldn't be able to do what I do if I had a full time job.

The two girls are no problem as they are healthy and it doesn't add an extra cage to clean :)

Get lots of sleep ... they may decide to bring the other 9 girls home with them next month :lol:

Back