Toto - Better Known as 'Cranky Face'

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanessa

This is Olivia's darling Bearded Dragon - Toto. Olivia wanted a Bearded Dragon so badly, and he is just so spoiled rotten. He has just celebrated his second birthday in March.
I adore him, although he is such a cranky face! Toto is so full of personality, and I think he is absolutely stunning.
When he was younger (they open their mouths when they bask in the heat of the lamp)...
toto27small.jpg

More recently...
toto-1.jpg

Lazing around during the winter months...
PC051338.jpg

His enclosure when he first moved in...
totosm.jpg

Adorable!
toto42.jpg

He really is beautiful... getting so big. I was just talking to a vet tech about them, she was trying to wake one up from anesthesia, she brought him out into the sunlight. She says they get very nasty when older, not a good pet at all. She's got a few herself. Has Olivia found a difference in his personality as he ages?
BTW, I love that the cabinet door handles are lizards!

They are actually considered an excellent beginner species for herp owners because of their even tempers. They are not domesticated, they are still wild animals, but are very tolerant of human interaction compared to some other species.
I think that it depends on the owner and how much time they spend handling them and socializing them. Toto is the most darling creature, and even though I call him cranky face it is just because he is spoiled and always looks cranky. The truth is that he is very affectionate and sweet, and has never done anything that even resembled being aggressive or nasty.
Sometimes he just doesn't feel like being handled or stroked, and he just moves away from you, but most times he is happy to be picked up and interacted with.
The cabinet was also built by Olivia's father especially to house Toto's home and supplies. :)

We have two beardies... one who is the most docile, relaxed thing ever, one who was nasty from day one even though we did everything suggested online to make them hand tame. So it can depend. Philip is the easy peasy one, Red is the nasty git... although he has been getting better with age.

It can also depend between males and females, and so on.

They love the sun and in this gorgeous weather have been spending time outside in their mesh enclosures.

Our Beardie, Errol, is a supreme king of sweetness!! He LOVES being held and LOVES interacting! He's a real sweetie ^_^ He's also really cute about feeding time! He watches the top of the enclosure and flicks his tongue out, hoping to catch his meal on the way down! Even does it with his veggies and fruit! ^_^

Back