Too much doxy!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khalirats

Hi, one of my boys is currently on meds for some respy issues, i had to go away overnight last night so my dad was looking after them, i explained the meds, set them out ready, wrote instructions and labelled BUT my dad got mixed up and gave my boy 3 doses of doxy in one go! Will it hurt him? My vet is shut right now but im going to phone them tomorrow. My boy weights about 460g and is on a dose of 1/8th of a 20mg tablet twice a day (which is 2.5mg i think) so he had 7.5mg in one go last night, he hasnt had any today. He seems absolutely fine but im freaking out a bit! Please help :(

I'm not an expert and don't know where that dosage is on the scale (high end or low), but I would imagine the worst case scenario might me some tummy upset.

Is there a 24 hr vet in your area you can call to consult? I have heard of pet poison hotlines but don't know the number or if they would be rat knowledgeable.

Back