Toby's Recovery

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So my lil man goes in for surgery Friday. He is getting a spot removed from his scrotum and he is getting a neuter at this time too.
My only worry is that toby is a very lazy rat ..and I am afraid something will happen when he goes under because he such a low energy rat. I have the best vet in town so i'm sure he will be fine, but it's my job to worry.
So wish him luck and that all goes well, I will update when he comes home Friday!

I have an idea what it may be just want to talk to somebody first before I go ahead and say something and look very stupid.
Obviously already spoke to you in chat about this;

It's mainly flat ..like a squat poop would be, or a mole ...one day it wasn't there and the next it is ??

Nope not at all, even when I pick at it it don't bother him ..it doesn't look like a tumor or abcess of any kind. It really looks like a mole (when seen in real life)

True. Do you think it could be anything else? (I have an appointment next week just to make sure its nothign bad) ..I havent had a rat have an abcess, tumor, cancefr etc ..so i'm not sure what those things ook like.

But a melanoma mole would have non-uniform colouring and it wouldn't be nice and round shaped. That one looks pretty normal to me.

I checked Toby's spot again today, so its just on the skin, it's not inside ..again just like a mole.

My Hershey had a mole on his scrotum. Never amounted to anything and he lived to be just under 3. Don't worry, doesn't look like anything to me. :D

Thought I would share some pictures of Toby with you :) ..I'll update tonight when I return from the vet, I hope it's just a mole (keep your fingers crossed)

P1020824.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

Toby1.jpg

Toby.jpg

IMG_3306.jpg

Back