Tobelerones big Fix....( Updated Sigh)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharlees rattakisses

I dunno when it comes to my rattakisses $$$ seems to always be involved.
As you know Jeramy had to have his leg removed and is now getting around like he always has.
He spent a few weeks in the "vacation" cage with the three girls until he healed.
I split my F.N 142 so the girls and Jeramy could relax with more room but then Tobey ended up getting VERY aggressive with the 4 boys Rube, Reggie, Philbert and Cloud.
So off he went to the vet to be fixed .( 135.00) which was a steal because I think the vet was feeling sorry for me and my recent Ratty troubles.
My husband doesn't like the rats as he calls them and we paid the vet the $$ owing but I still am on the hook for $1300.00 I have spent on vet bills.
Since I am on disability and am un able to work this has become a major sore point for my husband who has a running tally on the fridge stating what I owe.
I have had some luck selling my stuff on Kijiji but the total I owe seems to be going up due to accidents ect.
I LOVE my rattakisses and I think that they deserve proper vet care just like a cat or a dog. Please send some good will and luck my way. I could sure use it. I am feeling quite blue these days and I need cheering up. Thanx for listening.
:gaah: Tobelerone had to make a trip to the vet as he developed an infection in his "man parts" Jeramy needed his teeth trimmed and more $$ was added to my tally. As it is, what's a few more bucks to keep my rattakisses healthy and happy? It is very stressfull to know that I owe so much money though and I wish that a little luck would come my way. :(
Jeramy sleeping on his back. He is so sweet!! His fur is finally growing back where his leg was removed.:heart: :heart:

:grouphug: :hug4: :ratwave:

Good luck and good wishes!!!!!!!

I can sympasize with the fact that my bf doesn't like me spending so much on the ratties, but he does love them too, and foots the vet bill every once in a while...

They are worth it though, and they definitely deserve the same as a dog or cat so keep up the good work :thumbup:

Oh no... rats are wonderful but the vet bills are a killer, worse yet is the lack of spousal support.

I think you need to start your own "hubby owes list". Each time you cook dinner that should be at least $20, each time you clean the house, that's another $80 and umm any other wifely duties... get my drift? :cheeky:

big hugs for you and your rattakisses.

Your husband needs to realize that one good wife (who will put up with her husbands crap) is worth billions....so he actually owes you money.

Absolutely!!

Rats deserve vet care just like other animals ...

Your husband needs to understand that they are important to you and your well being, thus his financial responsibility as a good husband. Plus, they are your kids .....

It must be very difficult that your husband isn't supportive of your rats.

God! In my area I got my 3 rats fixed for like 40 dollars each. And it was a reliable vet. I hate vet bills, but everytime your rat looks a little sick, or has a weird breathing, then it's panic time! The worst part about rats.

Oh man, I'm sorry your Jeramy had to have that done, I'm glad he's over it, just wish you were too. I can't see where you owe hubby, isn't all money both your money?
If he's gonna play that way - especially when he knows you are on disability - then I think you ought to start charging him for *IT* til you work off the debt :giggle: Marriage is about taking care of each other and each other's needs, isn't it?

Anyway, I'm glad things went well for both your Jeramy (I'm partial to the amputees but who isn't I guess) and your Tobey. All those critters you'll be having more vet bills coming up, but I hope nothing major! Good luck! :hugs:

I think you need to start your own "hubby owes list". Each time you cook dinner that should be at least $20, each time you clean the house, that's another $80 and umm any other wifely duties... get my drift?

My mom did that to my dad once, I just recently got told the story. She charged him the price of the dinner he always ordered at one of the local restaurants they frequented, the cost hourly of hiring a maid, and went so far as to strike up a rate conversation with a hooker.

The things I get to learn now that I'm 23 and "all grown up".

Back