To many rats! Crewl to the ratties.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rat_race

Hey all

i no i said id keep my mouth shut but get this

when is it you have to many rats well appearntly when u had 11 and just adopted 8

I was supost to adopt the baby rats tonight and instead another user got them who has already 11 rats

when i asked her for them she basically said i wasnt a good pet owner because ben and charley are in a small cage. FYI i have a proper cage i just want to protect them from exscaping tell there bigger.which any good parent/pet owner would do.

So when i asked her for them she said not till she sees proper cages. I feel bad for these rats as when i brought ben and charley to the vet this week my vet said they had been abused. The person who adopted the 8 rats is also the same person who sold me ben and charley. i told her that i had two guineau pig /rabbit cages for them till i went and bought a bigger cage for them and she simply thinks id be a bad parent/chance

so whose really the bad parent/owner when they have a bunch of rats that they abuse and then adopt more and arent giving them a fair chance.

she sold me another rat with ben and charley who is older appearntly there daddy shes mad because i gave him to my cousin who has another adult male rat whose cage mate died. as far as im concerned the daddy rat is alot happyier and not attacking my baby rats no more. So whose really the bad owner. I think its the one who doesnt have enough sense in her brain to realize she has to many rats and wont get the help she needs for them.

If anything i think that the baby rats are in danger and this is crewl. Animals deserve the time and attention and with to many of them they dont . When she said no i offered to take some thinking many 8 of them would be to many and she still said no. This is unfair and crewl.

BECAREFUL WHO YOU GIVE YOUR RATS TO THEY MIGHT NOT BE WHO THEY SAY THEY ARE AND TURN OUT Crazy

and personal note to that person when u dropped ben and charley off to me you were basically ordering me to get in the car i dont no u and u didnt no me that is sooooooo dangerous .

just to tell you some people here have over 30 rats so you are telling me they are bad pet owners?

i want to see the paper work for the vet visit you did?

also those rats i had them for three days.

and on top of this im only rescuing them get that in your head. i have 11 of my own rats that stay and live with me and now 8 that are rescues(from feeder food)

i have my paper work on my rats for vet visits and all, and i can get a letter right from my vet saying my rats are in healthy condition's!

and it is normal a person will ask to see the bigger cage you are putting them in that's called caring.

also we wanted you in the car to close the door to see the rats and cold air is not good for rats, if you owned rats you would know that. worst thing is you went by bus we saw you.

no we didnt go on the bus we crossed the street to the pet shop because the zellers said we couldnt stay there so we waited for my mom there.

ok.

show me your paper work on the vet visit please or better yet tell me the vet you went to.

like i said i had those guys for three days even the people know here. see the post here and the date they were posted:
http://www.usedottawa.com/classified-ad/8267166

the ones i have are scared too the news ones. its normal they are, they got taken away from the mother and father. come to my home see my rats you will see mine are not scared at all. even see mine on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3MgQwno4vo those are all my rats do they look scared to you?

like i told you i was not mad at you just sad at what you did. all i wanted to be sure i did the right thing and found them a good home. all i asked you is to see the bigger cage they will go in when its time. you dont want to show me.

Lady i keep telling you we bought guineau pig/rabbit cages until there older for the ferret nation.The vet i went to is on st josphe. before the mcdonalds . What were u guys doing watching us anyways **** we didnt take the bus i went to the pet shop cuz i didnt want them to freeze after the zellers said we couldnt stay. We bought them a bunch of treats and food as well .I put a picture of one of the cages up before for we put the babies in it. Its only to hold them till there bigger

ok i know the vet (Dr.Jeff Kater) there i go there i got my boy neutered there i will call them tomorrow.

now see was that hard to post the cage? but you do know it will be a long time for them to go in there?( and a FN cage the bar spacing is even bigger then that cage there see ares is covered with hardwear cloth you will see picture's of it here in the forums if you search my name)

what were you going to put those babies i have now in?

i was watching to be sure you did not take the bus i was just looking out for the ratties i truly care for them i told you those are my babies, my life to me.

like i said also we only wanted you to go in the car so the rats would not get cold drafts or anything is not good for them, what did you think we were going to steal you? lol

leave me on the streets and steal you.

i dont no but it sure freaked the hell out of me cuz ur boyfriend was really percistant of it i have another cage for the other ratties thats why i wanted them i just dont have a pic of it the bars are smaller but its the same dimention sorry not good at spelling. why would u call the vet? there not allowed to give u personal information.not that i care if they do but its against policy.we even changed beding for them to aspen i think thats how u spell it so they can live long and happy lifes there rarley in there cage .Its not me u have to worry about i worked in an spca with vicious animails i dont believe in animal abuse. Dont take this offensevly but when me and my fiance were getting charley n ben from u u said u couldnt keep them cuz u couldnt handle any more rats. I on the other hand can i have all the time in the world exactly like u do and id do anything to protect them.

and to answer ur other question what i was planning on doing with them is keep them. Give them a forever home.

no i rescue them its even in the usedottawa post i posted.

same with the ones i picked up. that's what i do.

save them from bad people like feeders and such.

alot of people here do this.

i say i could not keep them because i could not lol i wish to keep all rats that i can but in life you have to have your limits and mine are 11 of them, i just use my extra cages on rescuing some in need of good homes.

and i think if you are accusing me of abusing animals i think i should have the right to know the vet if he said that.

oh no not planing on doing with them i ment planing on a cage for 8 rats another ovo cage.

and he was so persisted because he cares for them too.

You two need to take this argument off forum. Posts that openly bash other forum members are not appreciated.

Like moon has mentioned, we do not bash forum members here.

lilangel rescues her rats, she's done so much with them. She has every right to not adopt out to certain people.

First off, you have no right to adopt out a rat you take from a rescue, if you don't want the rat, you need to bring him back to lilangel, regardless if it was for someone else in need. That someone else should have contacted lilangel for another rat. Another thing, the gp cage is much too small for 2 rats so that wouldn't be suitable either. You need a much bigger cage, rats need running room and climbing room. You have 2 now... living in a very small hamster cage, you want another 9!! Where will you house them?

Please do your research, find a proper cage, start a good relationship with an exotic vet, have a proper diet for them, start a vet fund... then you'll be ready for new rats and we can help you :thumbup:

As for the original question... how many rats before it's cruel... I've got 19, mamarat has 43, lilspaz has 50+.
It's not the numbers that count, it's how they are taken care of, if they get treated by a vet, are on a good healthy diet, live in big spacious cages...

Very true!!

Just wanted to add that if you are rescuing and rehoming rats you may want to use an application form that is completed either by the person or through conversation with them. Asking for references, including a vet reference is a good idea.
It is also good to have adopters sign a contract so that both you and they are clear on what is expected.

first off me and her resolved the problem
second off i wasnt pissed at the fact that she had to many rats i was pissed that the called me an unfit owner because i chose to put my ratties in a smaller cage till they where older cuz they were slipping through the bars then i went to get a rabbit cage instead till there older. Second off i didnt no she was a rescue because she sold me the rats didnt make me fill out a form or anything and did not state that she was a rescue. Third of yes it was stupid for me to post it here but we dealed with it point final im not having this converstation again.

I am glad you did resolve your problem with each other but remember for next time that this is a public forum and there is a certain way we all need to act on here.....none of us may have arguments either on the forum or in chat.
Please read this over

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3972
thanks

yah i no and like i said it was stupid
we even had an arguement in the chat but it was resolved.
i think the reason i was so pissed was because she sold me my boys and told my fiance and me she would keep them but she has no more room for rats . I think thats what pissed me off and the fact she called me unfit.. But the battle is over.

i just wanted to tell you i never ever said you were unfit, i only wanted to be sure those babies had a bigger cage. and never called you names or anything like that. i really do hope the best for you and those babies. please do keep me updated with them if you can(if you want that is) and hope we can put this all behind us.

as for the i cant keep them deal everyone says this who rescue rats.

but you will be happy to know for the babies we just got we bought a ferret nation for them(boyfriend did). so now there is room for them. i will update the forum and post them in their big home.

again sorry to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back