Tissue Box

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petitepuppet

Not sure where I seen it but read somewhere that someone had put a whole box of tissues in with their rats and they had great fun so thought I would give it a try and look what they have done :lol:

DSCN4002.jpg

They have spent hours making nests and rearranging them. Best 50p I have spent in awhile :thumbup:

hehe, I love it. I tried this with my guys, they had fun tearing them all out of the box, but then peed on them ...

Oh my!!! That is wonderful. We need to compile a "cheap" toy idea thread and keep adding to it, I always forget these things when people are always asking me what they can give their rats to stimulate their natural sense of nesting.
I'll be getting some tissue boxes from the dollar store for them. :)

edited to add: can I steal your picture?

They have had me in stitches :lol: ,lil tiny rats running about with big loads of tissue lol they cant even see where they are going :lol: .

The girls now have 3 massive nests and the boys only took 3 tissues outta their box and layed them onto a shelf and they sleeping on top of them lol.

that's an old photo of my girls, taken when they were still with their mom in their foster home. Actually one of those babies isn't mine, but I don't know which one, LOL

I adopted their mom and two of the daughters, there were 5 daughters in all, I think.

they were so cute!!!

yes I thought so too, I don't leave it on when I give my girls a tissue box- actually, now that I think of it, when I get tissues, they don't have plastic, they have the cardboard oval you punch out

I mostly give them TP, they have just as much fun and it's cheaper
:)

Back