Tired of old cage!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would depend on you and your situation, they do need a home before the cage gets there right? Unless you have another temp cage they can use in the mean time, you would need to keep them *semi* locked up until the CN comes in.

Never ordered from them before but you have to keep in mind you pay taxes and duties with anything shipped from the states. Plus, often online stores based in the states only offer free shipping to the states.

Really!!! Cool I can't wait to get it now!

I just tucked in my rat girl's for the night, and as I was kissing Kaina good night...I promised her a better, bigger, safer home! I can't disappoint that sweet lil' face!
Cause there is not a day I worry about them getting hurt on the resent cage! I'll admit it! All that wire mesh and the small wire's sticking out can't be safe!

I bought my DoubleFN from allpetpurniture.

http://www.allpetfurniture.com/Midwest- ... nd&rtype=1

Right now their single CN is $139.99USD and you get FREE SHIPPING even up here to Canada... at least if you are in an area that is easy to get to. I am on Vancouver Island (Nanaimo) and it was free for me, but I think it was PitLuvs in Nova Scotia (Cape Breton) who said that they wanted to charge her shipping. They also charge you the duties (which they call International Fees) so you aren't charged on delivery. On my DFN they cost $107, but it would be cheaper on a less expensive/heavy item I believe. I didn't have any problem with them at all and though the box was a little scruffy when it arrived, all the pieces were there and nothing was broken. If I had the extra money at the moment and was allowed to have rats at this house, I would totally get the CN and sell my DFN.

I'm interested in getting a new cage too, preferably a CN as well. I live in Canada (NB) and wondering where the best place to order it would be? Also, what is FTC?

Flower Town Chinchila, they are a supply site...they also sell cage's.
They are in Canada, Brampton to be exact.

They are a very popular site on here, and in my opinion the best! :)

www.chinchilla.ca is Flower Town :)

When I was looking for my double FN, I was quoted $389 from Flower Town and $399 from All Pets Furniture in USA. Yes, I was quoted with shipping as I was told free shipping didn't apply to Canada. I am still puzzled how a Canadian got it haha But all the better!! I would have went with Flower Town because it's Canadian and I like to keep my money in my area/country. Also the shipping and such from a further place scares me.

Usually American sites ARE cheaper but you have to factor in the fee's for getting it across the boarder (duty fee's) and the company that will ship it (broker). I know when I ordered my Martin's cages, I payed an extra $80 for each cage through Canada Post and $70 for my ferret cage through Puralator/FedEx. That wasn't a pleasant surprise on 7 cages.

Your best bet is to contact Flower Town for a quote, and then contact All Pets for a quote and compare. I am unsure of costs since the Single is half the size of the double. We ended up buying at Pets Unlimited locally for $315. The local Global Pets wanted $399+tax. Pets Unlimited usually sells them for $399 plus tax too but I caught a sale on Midwest cages :)

I didn't get the CN yet, I asked my dad what he thought and he think's I could find a bit cheaper...I looked there's nothing. But on Dr. Foster and Smith's website or I can order it from Super pet directly, I found the same cage as I have...but for rat's.

I need a bit of a wider cage since my rat girl's are more terestrial (they spend alot of time on the floor of the cage), I love my cage but I'm tired of getting cut up *sigh* so I was thinking if I could find a replament wire thing for my cage but made for rat's it would be perfect, but that doesn't exist.
So I found this one, it kindda look's like mine:

p-35210-46750-cage.jpg

it has 1/2" wire spacing! And the measurement's are
30" x 18" x 29" high

Is this a good home for them?
What's the expert's opinion?

It should be ok. It is large enough according to a cage calculator.
Base size of 30 inches by 18 inches is ok. Guess you don't mind the "pee rivers"?

Personally I would go with a CN, very strong and sturdy, easy to clean, base is 36 inches by 24 inches

Back