Tired of old cage!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Rebel_Angel*

Do rat's squeeze out of a Ferret nation?

This morning during out time, I needed to run after the girl's around the room again...and I decided before I do something rash I will invest in an actual rat cage where the bar's are not to spaced for them to get out and eventually a play-pen.

I found on kijiji FN's for sale.
1 is 170$ with the ferret but she does offer the cage alone is it worth it?
and there is another one she doesn't say the price but she does offer alot of ferret stuff with it so i dunno she is open for discussion.

I want a cage where the kid's wont crawl out, so is FN's ok!?

Young rats and smaller females can often slip through the bars of an FN. You would have to mesh it to make sure they don't get lose.

I took a picture with a regular DVD case against the bars of my FN... it's sometimes hard to judge unless you have something you can look at lol I know the bar spaces were MUCH wider than I thought they would be, because I am used to the really small small bar spaces. I would say if you can, go with a CN over the FN. I plan to upgrade mine down the road so I never have to worry about spaces. I lost my sweet G'Kar because he could fit his head through the bars, and didn't have the energy to pull himself back out. That's what worries me the most, escapes are ok here.

Anyways...

a40de9d8.jpg

Almost all females will fit through the FN bars with no trouble ..and to be honest I had a meshed FN ..and it was horrible horrible to clean ..I only had it for a short while and went out and bought a CN for full price ..because cleaning it was a pain!

Oh ok!
I'll look for a CN, so a CN is better?
Can they fit through a CN?

I have the support of my mom there, she is terrified of escapee's too!

You have babies if I'm not mistaken, right Rebel? Young girls will definitely be able to squeeze through.

CNs have 1 cm spacing and rats cannot get through those.

Ya young girl's, they are pretty good with knowing where home is...but they love to explore. So once one touches the carpet their gone. *lol*

I believe no rat can escape the CN, unless they're bones are made of puddy lol I don't have one to show you, but the bar space is like |---|. really small. Its the preferred size for small animals. The FN is made for Ferrets, which are 4 times bigger than rats.

CN would be big enough for 6 females hun :) It looks smaller in pics, but its HUGE in person! I have 6 boys in a double, I could fit more easily (if Dean wasn't such a twit).

And the add on is available, just not at FlowerTown yet. But good idea!

Here's my little guy in front of a double...

a2c9ad0e.jpg

Back