Tiny lumps around lymph nodes..?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandon

I can't really describe the exact medical term for where I found this, but both Daisy and Momo have sort of fat/loose lymph nodes around their arms, near their ribcages and I've found tiny, bead sized lumps around that area connected to the fat or lymph nodes or whatever they are. Does this sound like swollen lymph nodes or something a little more serious?

Daisy's haven't grown since I found them so I'm not sure if they're tumors - but after finding a similar one on Momo, who had a potentially malignant mammary tumor removed a few weeks ago, I'm a little paranoid.. even though what I found on her is almost identical to what I've found on Daisy. I can't really find any info on lumps like these so any info would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Checked Daisy's again and there are more of them... It kind of feels like a cluster of enlarged lymph nodes, rather than tumors.

Opel9P0.png

Hopefully that gives you an idea on their location and the tiny lumps sort of represent what I'm feeling on her.

Last edited:
My first guess would be the beginning of mammary tumours. The mammary tissue is quite extensive. I had the same thing removed from my girl Tabi a little while ago from her armpit area. I did not have it sent for testing so I can only say I and my vet both thought it was a mammary tumour.

My first guess would be the beginning of mammary tumours. The mammary tissue is quite extensive. I had the same thing removed from my girl Tabi a little while ago from her armpit area. I did not have it sent for testing so I can only say I and my vet both thought it was a mammary tumour.

I'm not so sure, given how slow growing they are and where they are located... I did some digging around and I think they might just be lipoma's, which doesn't appear to be anything to worry about.

http://ratguide.com/health/neoplasia/lipoma.php

I'll keep an eye on them.

Those %#@^ MTs can pop up just about anywhere along the body & the boys get them too. One of my boys had a huge one removed from his hip area. One of my girls had one removed that was almost between her rear legs.

Sounds like they are probably mammary tumors.
If girls are unsprayed they have an 85+% chance of getting them, and if they have 1, they are likely to get more, although spraying even after getting mammary tumour(s) decreases the likelihood of more.

I would suggest a vet visit as soon as possible to find out what they are.... if they are mammary tumours, the smaller they are when removed the easier it is for your rattie and for the vet.

Back