Time Traveller in 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA

I heard this on the radio a few days ago, forgot about it and then remembered today. Take a look at the video, wouldn't it be pretty cool if it was a time traveller. Only problem is if it's a cell it would have to be a pretty special cell phone because there weren't any towers then.
Gives you something to think about. Any comments?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30UxOLCm ... re=related

My friend here says that this would explain his service on his Nokia phone, it's from the 1920's. Go figure Bell would sell him something that old LOL

I don't know what to think! Even if its not a "mobile phone" looks kinda funny that she would even pretend to talk on a phone, while mobile?

I heard it could be a hearing aid. Apparently they were the size of cell phones back then. lol. Why she would be talking into it, who knows.

Maybe she's crazy! lol.

I bet she's actually talking to her husband who is walking in front of her... and she's making a fist cause she's ready to pound him one. lol

The lady with the "cell phone" in the movie was probably thinking, "You know, I'm going to do something really crazy in this film - something no one would expect! That way, when people look back at my scene, years and years later, they'll wonder what I was doing and I can really screw with their minds!" :wink:

Funny I see this thread today. I saw this on the news this morning and have been showing a bunch of people since

Ok, here's the thing... if she DID go back in time, and WAS trying to talk on her cell... she wouldn't have very good service, would she? What, did she bring the cell towers with her too?

I just think this thing is so funny. Who know why the person might have been talking to their hearing aid... dementia?

I looked at it over and over and I really don't see the device. I see her hand grasping in a weird way but no device that looks remarkably like a mobile phone. It's funny how thoughts and ideas can be put in your head. There are a number of reasons why she could be gesturing like that.

Back