Tilt-a-roo

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lj

So, of course I think I know what to do (get to the vet) but we're closed right now. I just had a pile of boys out and noticed that little Ronnie has a head tilt. He doesn't seem to be in pain, not other symptoms. Fur looks fine, no itchies, moving well. He's about 5 months old now.

Steroids (which I don't have)? Or can I try with Baytril and see if he improves before getting him to the vet?

He's probably between 200-300 grams. How much Baytril should I give him? I only have Baytril and doxy here. Should I start him on both?

I gave him .15cc tonight. I'm not 100% sure that's right, but I think it's pretty close.

It's 2x150g/15ml

I'm getting him to the vet today because I'm running out.

Trying to get the number of the vet that used to treat my dogs because he's much nicer than the other vets here. I could probably tell him what I need and he'd give it to me.

K, back from the vet. He's given an antibiotic. He doesn't see many rodents, so he's ordered Baytril for me (as he didn't have any onhand). We've got novotrimel for it.

Oh no! Poor Ronnie!

My rat Pepper's sister, Pirate had head tilt when she was still little, but she never completely got rid of it. Its sad, but she now always looks kind of cute like she is saying "huh?". I hope Ronnie gets better!

K, I'm going back on Wednesday with a boy with an abcess. That's when the Baytril will be in for me.

I'll continue giving him the novotrimel until I get the Baytril. Sound good?

Back