Thrift/Dollar Store Finds

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa

What are your favorite thrift/dollar sotre finds for your ratties homes?

I love the Dollarama!

I like when they have dog and cat toys that my ratties can have, especially the thick rope.

I picked up a whole bunch of dollar fleece for their cages as well! They had some nice patterns (like the one you see in the baby pic photos). They also had some white and brown fleece with paw prints. I had to get that!

I seem to always be buying little food dishes from there for all of my pets.

I love Dollarama :happydance: I bought so much stuff for my guys from there. I buy my fleece blankets there and my boys love those things. I bought the shelves for their cage there, toys, snacks, tea towels, bowls. If only they sold spinners and food there I would never go to another pet store :bliss:

I get my fleece blankets there too, also towels, baby toys, fleece hats make great hammocks. I even got my trays from there to make my litter pans.

I went a little crazy today at Dollarama... teehee. Bought more fleece blankets, grills to cover the FN top and bottom, tonnes of other stuff...

mamarat2 said:
I love hitting the thrift stores and hunting through the kids toys, I have quite a few playschool houses that the rats love to hide in.
Lucky you! I have yet to be ale to find some. Maybe I can convince my bf to wander the garage sales in Ottawa this weekend, heehee.

I actually need to maybe go this weekend and check out the thrift stores, my mom is coming down this weekend and sometimes she likes to buy stuff for her grandrats!

:wink2:

Our Dollarama isn't that great. We don't have a very big supply of toys in general. But I think I have just decided what to cover my wire floors with (dollar store fleece which they have lots of).

We have a new dollar store that opened up a month ago Mighty Dollar or something (in the walmart stripmall area). I will have to check everything out there.

:twisted: You ebil people now I can't wait to go there and find stuff.

It's official our Dollarstores in Midland SUCK!!! Although I got those wooden baby blocks and all three love them.

I buy pillow cases for a buck, fold them in half, lengthwise, and I have a "snake" for the ratties. They can either go on top or inside.

greenpillowcasehammock.jpg

jonahinhammock.jpg

I buy lots of the fleece blankies, and lots of pressed carpet type floor mats which work perfectly on the FN shelves.

There is a Dollarama opening near my house soon -- I"m so excited!!

I know all the Dollar Stores have different items but I went there 3 days ago and bought some things (it's for the Colebrook ratties since my girls already have sooo much stuff!). Here are some suggestions:

Mini foam mats (superman print on the other side). If you buy 2 packages you can actually make a waffle house out of it.
Dog frisbees: to sit, sleep, chew (pee) in it
Plastic storage bin: easy to clean, either use it so the ratties can sit inside or turn it over and it's like a hidey house. Or you can get 2 or 3 and stack them on top of each other.

DSCN9520.jpg

wonderrodent said:
I know all the Dollar Stores have different items but I went there 3 days ago and bought some things (it's for the Colebrook ratties since my girls already have sooo much stuff!). Here are some suggestions:

Mini foam mats (superman print on the other side). If you buy 2 packages you can actually make a waffle house out of it.
Dog frisbees: to sit, sleep, chew (pee) in it
Plastic storage bin: easy to clean, either use it so the ratties can sit inside or turn it over and it's like a hidey house. Or you can get 2 or 3 and stack them on top of each other.

DSCN9520.jpg

Omg what awesome ideas!!! I never would of thought of the storage bins and I see those all the time at our dollar store!

I usually stop there on payday which is every friday LOL they were out of fleece baby blankets this time grrr I bought them all out last week lmao But did find some neat baby toys that I got our boys. I know I saw those mini foam mats cause my son wanted them. We have gotten some great pet dishes from there oh boy i have so many dollar store ideas now!!!

We have Dollartrees all over the place here and boy I tell ya I can go there atleast once a day and find something I NEED! They sell wire cooling racks for cookies that make excellent shelves in ratty cages-welcome matts can be cut to make liners for the bottom of the cage and if they are fabric can be thrown in the washer-plastic easter eggs make fun little toys for ratties when you hide yogies inside-sometimes ours sell small water bottles...send me to the dollar store with twenty bucks and I will have a months worth of fun things for the ratties! :joy:

Back