three rescues - now only 2 :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SQ said:
I will have to check, I didn't want to disturb them too much yesterday ...
Daddy is a black dumbo so if mama is carrying dumbo, it could be interesting.

I have offered to take a one week old runt of a litter of 14 to put in with them ....
I assume this would be ok since this litter is so tiny

I bet you will have some dumbos.....mom is a beautiful colour....but she would have dark eyes as a newborn right? Wonder what the light will be...

lilspaz68 said:
Take the runt, he/she will ahve a TON of milk and will catch up very quickly with only 5 siblings :D

Thanks Shelagh. That is what I thought.
I emailed and offered when I read about the runt in her blog (see rescue thread, FREE 14 one wk old babies),
so I'm waiting to hear ...

That is what I was wondering Dahlas .... but if it is the runt in a litter of 14, the size difference might not be that great.

SQ said:
lilspaz68 said:
Take the runt, he/she will ahve a TON of milk and will catch up very quickly with only 5 siblings :D

Thanks Shelagh. That is what I thought.
I emailed and offered when I read about the runt in her blog (see rescue thread, FREE 14 one wk old babies),
so I'm waiting to hear ...

That is what I was wondering Dahlas .... but if it is the runt in a litter of 14, the size difference might not be that great.

It shouldn't be a problem. Momma will take the baby as one of hers. Maybe if you can take the momma out for a bit and put the runt in with the babies so they smell the same.

Tarah said:
jennifervb said:
Tarah said:
SQ said:
February16babyboy.jpg

baby boy in the carrier

His name is going to be Theodore (Theo)! :tumkiss:
Still undecided about the two girls.

Perfect!!! :thumbup:

This has probably changed now. SQ has decided she's keeping them instead.

Still think the names perfect for him... :cheeky: :thumbup:
SQ? :stickpoke: :laugh4:

I once rubbed templeton and dopeys sides together trying to make them smell like each other LOL you could do a little baby rub or rub the baby on momma? Not much i didnt try with those boys LOL

hopefloats said:
I once rubbed templeton and dopeys sides together trying to make them smell like each other LOL you could do a little baby rub or rub the baby on momma? Not much i didnt try with those boys LOL

When i worked at the shelter that is what we did with momma cats...we never had one reject anyone. Take out momma.....Put new baby in with the others...rub them all over each other so the smells get mixed and then put momma back in.....

I will let you know if the owner decides to let me put her tiny runt in with this litter.
It sounds like she is a teen so perhaps I will hear back after school gets out.
She does not live in the Fredericton area

hopefloats said:
so you saved 7 lives... Be proud :)

thank you for your kind words hopefloats
But most of the credit goes to Tarah .... Tarah saved their lives by offering to take them

mamarat said:
Beautiful little heart fixers!
Yes mamarat, they are a help to my broken, completely shattered heart ....

Still waiting for them to tell me their names ....
I am so numb and destroyed since Ivy's death that I have been just through the motions ....

Back