Those I've lost...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ktina

I've only lost three ratties so far in my time keeping them and I thought it'd be nice to do a little tribute to them.

Pepper was one of my first rats, I got him with Lineal from Petco. He was always a silly and friendly ratty, always on the move. Lineal began to be mean to him so he lived alone for his last few months. He was young when he died, only about one, I believe he choked to death. He died in my arms.

Pepper_halo.jpg

When he had a foot infection that was being treated
Pepper5.jpg

Lineal was my second rat I lost. As mentioned before, I got him with Pepper. Unlike Pepper, he was a very skiddish rat in the beginning. He never liked to be held and got quite the attitude and bit me a few times when I put him in line. As he aged he grew into a sweet boy, still not enjoying being picked up but he liked to get scritches.

I eventually intro'd him with Scabbers and Ratagain where he lived happily. He grew bumblefoot, which never really bothered him. I believe he had an internal tumor, and despite my est efforts with meds, he wasn't doing better and I made the tough choice to have him PTS when he was around 3 years old.

IMG_0708.jpg

Showing me his boo-boo
IMG_0748.jpg

Milly was my first girl. A girl who owned rats had to get rid of her because she was cage aggressive and her hubby was threatening to throw her outside because she bit her kids. So instead of having her PTS, I decided to take her in and give her a good life. She was always very... paranoid and always looked mean and serious. She was indeed cage aggressive and nipped me several times.

I can saythat she started my girl colony, because if it wasn't for her I wouldn't have gotten Tosca and Emma as her friend. She lived a good life with the group of girls until she got cancer. I had her PTS when she was about 2 years old.

IMG_3576.jpg

Trying to convince me she wasn't beating up Emma when I first intro'd them :roll:
IMG_5984.jpg

:redbud: What a wonderful selection of sweeties you had, it is sad to set sometimes & look at their pictures, it some how seems they are still with us! Hugs to you!

Back