This time it looks like a tumour, now with videos :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lina

I found another lump on Cole in a different place from his abscess, It is near his hip but down low. so we went to the vet, (paid last months bill at the same time *winces* though Penny's spey was only $95 it was Cole abscess and Buttons heart meds that that made it a large bill) She tried to draw something out of the lump but nothing came, only got less than a drip of blood so we are thinking tumour. So he is booked in tomorrow to have it removed.

Cole is only my second rat with a tumour, the first was Milo, one of my first rats, back in the days when I thought you couldn't remove tumours from rats and his grew nearly as big as tennis ball, it was on his hip near his spine and when he couldn't walk anymore we had him put to sleep, he was nearly three as the time :heart:

Cole is now nearly 32 mths old so I guess as he gets older there will be more health prolbems :(

pictures of Cole lump. Makes me wonder how I didn't notice it earlier since it now sticks out.

One taken with a flash and the other without.
DSCF8876Custom.jpg

DSCF8874Small.jpg

Cole has come through very well. As I had to work till 7.30pm my daughter picked him up and she turned up at the shop and and siad 'I thought you might want to see him' so I shot out to the car and had a quick look and gave him a scratch round the ears :heart: Then I had to go out as well tonight and only got back at 9.30pm to check on him, Now he wants to be up and about but I will keep him in the smaller cage overnight and see how he is in the morning. He has eaten all the baby food I left for him as well. :heart:

They have put a bandage on him and so far he has left it alone, we will see if it is still there in the morning. :)
DSCF8884Custom.jpg

Is that a type of bandage on him? Was it invasive into the muscle or just a quick and easy removal? Good that he's doing so well.
How so sweet of your daughter to bring him to you like that!!

It is a type of bandage. My cats have had it over their wounds after surgery. And it is still on this morning :shock: . I have put him back with the others this morning and they gave it a sniff and now leaving it alone as well, I guess it will keep the site clean till it heals a bit. The lump was just under the skin and I could put my fingers around it so I guess it wasn't into the muscle.
And I have a lovely daughter, she loves the rats too. The first ones we had belonged to her officially :wink2:

Isn't he a good boy :D He has kept his bandage on and been in the main cage all day and the others have left the bandage alone as well :shock: . Aren't they all such good boys :heart: :) I think the bandage will fall off soon by itself, as it is coming loose round the edges.

Well there is no stopping this old man.
Cole has been out and about tonight so I took some videos, when I did put him back in the cage he went straight back to bed and to sleep :lol:

His eye looks worse on the videos than in real life, he hasn't been washing his face much today :)

:)

Back