This makes me sick!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pakrat

[email protected]
this is in the syracuse cl.i let them have a piece of my mind(i have to be careful i dont have much left to give).i use to own reptiles and now it all is different to me.i know what lovable pets they are.i no longer have reptiles and i am owned by 18 ratties. :redhot:

Rats

Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-04-17, 9:47PM EDT

8 weeks to 16 week $2 jumbo $4 We also have frozen. 486 4681 Will be Syacuse Sat call tonight until midnight and Sat morning between 6am and 8 am

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1127713397

sorry,i always do that wrong.

jorats said:
Those kind of ads are everywhere. :(

Truth be told, snakes need to eat and in the wild, rats get eaten by predators all the time. So while I wouldn´t keep a snake as a pet, I can´t really fault somebody who does. I believe in live and let live. It´s not for me to tell somebody what pet they should keep, nor should anybody try to ban me from keeping the pets I choose (ask PETA what they think about pets).

Because really, any carniverous pet, such as dogs, cats, ferrets etc. eat other animals. It´s just that their food is processed, so it´s not as apparent, but it´s the same thing. Heck, my rats eat animal products, so I personnally think we have no moral high ground on this issue.

That said, yeah, it saddens me to see the little guys get sold as food. The best we can do is convince snake owners to buy only from suppliers who treat their animals right, so that, short as they might be, their lives are at least bearable, same as we should do with the animal products we buy for ourselves and our pets.

Arkeld said:
jorats said:
Those kind of ads are everywhere. :(

Truth be told, snakes need to eat and in the wild, rats get eaten by predators all the time. So while I wouldn´t keep a snake as a pet, I can´t really fault somebody who does. I believe in live and let live. It´s not for me to tell somebody what pet they should keep, nor should anybody try to ban me from keeping the pets I choose (ask PETA what they think about pets).

Because really, any carniverous pet, such as dogs, cats, ferrets etc. eat other animals. It´s just that their food is processed, so it´s not as apparent, but it´s the same thing. Heck, my rats eat animal products, so I personnally think we have no moral high ground on this issue.

That said, yeah, it saddens me to see the little guys get sold as food. The best we can do is convince snake owners to buy only from suppliers who treat their animals right, so that, short as they might be, their lives are at least bearable, same as we should do with the animal products we buy for ourselves and our pets.

Arkeld, we really try not to discuss feeding procedures on the forum.

We all know snakes need to eat, but there are lots of alternatives to feeding them live animals.

Moon said:
Arkeld, we really try not to discuss feeding procedures on the forum.

We all know snakes need to eat, but there are lots of alternatives to feeding them live animals.

Oops, I hadn´t noticed that we were talking about live feeding, I kinda skimmed the post and saw "frozen", so I assumed that´s what we were talking about.

In no way, shape or form would I ever advocate live feeding. It´s cruel to the rat and dangerous for the snake. Every snake owner should know this.

Back